All reviewstai chideep water runninglife changingwellness centrefitness levelsexercise classesmorning and afternoon teathe real worldleft feelingfellow guestshunter valleycome homehuge rangeoutdoor poolbedroom villaprogrammeditation
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

How to describe Golden Door Elysia .

Well, I think it’s like following ‘Google maps‘ on my iPhone. Your following the GPS and suddenly you don’t recognise the map and you have to press ‘re centre’

Golden Door is the place that you need to find.
It is 5 stars with food , accommodation and the views are mesmerising ( bring a camera) but what really sets the place apart is the staff. They rate a 10!

I came home invigorated , healthy and ready to continue my new health objectives.
My skin glowed and I had lost some weight .
Golden Door constantly raising the benchmark for health retreats.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liane N
GoldenDoorElysia, General Manager at Golden Door Elysia Health Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for your fabulous 5-star review Liane. We are so grateful that you have been a valued Golden Door guest for many years. We love the GPS reference and are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay! As you know, our team pride themselves on being dedicated, professional and compassionate so it is wonderful to hear they were a stand out for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful retreat again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Amazing Place, excellent food, caring, committed and genuine staff, luxury accommodation, brilliant spa treatments, beautiful programs, talks and demonstrations! There is no better place for recharge and rejuvenation. Tai chi, daily walks, cardio, Kung fu, yoga, magnificent spa, meditation and mindfulness, and huge range of other activities. Many thanks for everything. Can’t wait to come back!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
GoldenDoorElysia, General Manager at Golden Door Elysia Health Retreat & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you for your lovely review Dmitriy! So happy that we could provide a great stay for you to enjoy some much-needed rest and rejuvenation. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I received a 3 day retreat on Father’s Day for a weekend of mindfulness, healthy eating and no digital devices for the weekend.

What I thought would be like a trip to the dentist turned out to be the most rewarding time away I have had for a while.

My wife and I were able to reconnect again without the distractions of technology, the food was organic, wholesome and appetising no coffee (however unlimited fresh organic tea). we had a guest speaker on gut health and did a 10km walk. I also had a rejuvenating facial.

We had the best few days away with a fantastic gym, lots of activities (wife did meditation, yoga and tai-chi) and fantastic environment to unwind.

Will certainly do it again (maybe longer). Great for those with busy life and whether you think you need it or not...you do. You won’t be disappointed. The staff are fantastic and so obliging and friendly. Do yourself a favour and put it on the to do list this year!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SRPeers

Thank you for your review of your Golden Door stay - we are delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful experience and enjoyed many aspects of your time with us, including the process of “disconnecting to reconnect” with yourself and also loved ones. We look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations again. In the meantime stay on track and thank you once again.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Just spent a week at The Golden Door Elysia in Pokolbin NSW, just 2.5 hrs pleasant drive from Sydney. It had been ten years since my first visit to Elysia and it was immediately refreshing to see how much the surrounding vineyards, trees ,shrubs and lawns have matured. Eastern Grey kangaroos and wallabies are abundant throughout the Spa and at ease with the guests - lolling in the shade or softly grazing on the fresh green shoots.The spa is manicured,scented and well maintained and I spent the week capping off my annual "Febfast" with a daily rhythm commencing with Tai Chi at sunrise , a 7 km walk or deep water running before breakfast followed by Stretch, yoga, deep breathing and a range of workouts interspersed with spa treatments and massages or sunning by the pool.
Brigitte Walsh and her team of specialists are gifted, professional and welcoming.
Brad "the breather" has been practising and teaching Shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi Feldenkrais and meditation for more than 20 years, Matt and Toni are also both outstanding and gifted amongst the trainers/exercise gurus. The diet is balanced and nutritious and includes some fish egg and chicken, and I never felt hungry. The chef also prepared special diets for those who requested them. The spa staff that I met were friendly and professional and I particularly enjoyed shoulder neck and scalp massages in the healing hands of Catherine. The guest suites beds and linen are comfortable and the balcony views of the surrounding hills,and vineyards reminiscent of Tuscano with far off horizons that are quintessentially Australian. All in all a week of vitality vigour and contemplation spent in good company.We both left feeling tuned,happy reinvigourated and four kilos lighter!

Room Tip: North West facing villa for evening sun and shadows on the valley
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AussieNick55

It was wonderful to welcome you back Nick! Thank you for taking the time to share such a comprehensive and fantastic review and for your lovely comments about our staff. I will certainly be passing these on.

As a return guest, it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed how the retreat surroundings had flourished since your last visit. Our beautiful setting, amongst the vineyards and mountain ranges, certainly adds to the relaxation. We are pleased to hear that your stay with us has left you feeling re-energised and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

The perfect place to escape from stress, regroup and develop a plan to deal with life's challenges. The environment is magical and the staff are highly trained a relentlessly positive. Great food and company too...

Room Tip: If you've got a lawn outside you'll see kangaroos
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience Chris. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to discover the beauty and benefits of Golden Door for yourself.