“Panna Cotta WOW!”

Price range: AU$75 - AU$150
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Esca Bimbadgen showcases Bimbadgen wines by matching them with simple, elegant food in a jaw-dropping setting. A pioneer of fine dining in the Hunter Valley, Esca Bimbadgen exemplifies the unique nature of a winery restaurant. The spectacular entrance suspended above the winery is second only to the view from your table. Mark Marshall, Esca Bimbadgen Executive Chef and his team have created our new menu showcasing our passion for the Hunter Valley and the abundance of local produce at our doorstep. Taste it today!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Our family came here to celebrate Mother’s Day. Our waiter Marcel was fantastic & very attentive.
We tried a vast selection of the entire menu & the star dish was the Strawberry Panna Cotta. Without a doubt the best Panna Cotta dish any of us have ever tasted. The rest of the dishes were well presented, but not exceptional in taste. They were also on the smaller serving side which was slightly disappointing.
Wine, cocktails, spirits & coffee complimented all our dishes nicely, Pricing was on the dearer side.
Overall a great dining experience in a lovely relaxing venue.

Date of visit: May 2024

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Esca at Bimbadgen Winery in the Hunter Valley offers a stunning dining experience with a menu centered around garden produce,freshly sourced seafood, and local meats. The winery's striking architecture and panoramic views complement the exquisite food and wine, making it a must-visit for a memorable culinary journey
#facxual_events

Date of visit: May 2024
Reviewed 8 March 2024 via mobile

We had lunch on a weekday and were not disappointed.
the staff were great ,just came to the table as we needed things. We chose the 3 courses each . The food was amazing, beautifully presented and tasted wonderful. It is good to be able to choose any 3 dishes from the selection. If you wanted, you could choose 3 desserts or 3 from the land etc. My husband had ravioli, tuna and steak tartare. I had burnt peaches, barramundi and butterscotch mousse ( out of this world). Very much fine dining, the waitress explained that the serves were small. We loved the food and will certainly visit again.

Date of visit: March 2024
Reviewed 10 September 2023

I have been to Bimbadgen many times and enjoy the wine, the view, the service and the whole atmosphere but I feel as though lately that the food needs some improvement.
Each to their own of course but now I’m going to share my own personal review. I’d love to try the focaccia without rosemary and the red wine salt. Some bread with a balsamic, dukkah or local olive oil would be delicious. As for the entree the potato latkes were cooked in too much butter and oil and this made them difficult to enjoy. If there was some tomato chutney or sauce with them I think it could have been more enjoyable. The main I had was the pork loin which just melted in my mouth and was cooked perfectly. The rest of the dish was a bit bitter from rapini then very spicy from the chilli jam which I didn’t realise would be that spicy. This for me made it hard to enjoy. My father had the same feedback for the entree and his main was lacking the minted sour cream but he thoroughly enjoyed the lamb backstrap and his dessert. My dessert was delicious but the figs weren’t as sweet (I have a tree at home, maybe my comparison is just different), the coconut sorbet was the winner of the dish it was absolutely perfect, I wasn’t eating chunks of coconut, it was just amazing.
So overall there is a bit of room for improvement but I will still dine here and continue to bring my family.

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 9 September 2023 via mobile

A beautiful setting and lovely restaurant. Excellent service and the food was sensational. Very reasonable for 3 generous courses. Lots to choose from. Love that you could mix and match your courses on the menu. I had the cauliflower, scallops and lamb. All were delicious.

Date of visit: September 2023