“Great food with a view”

Esca Bimbadgen Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 67 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Price range: AU$75 - AU$150
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Esca Bimbadgen showcases Bimbadgen wines by matching them with simple, elegant food in a jaw-dropping setting. A pioneer of fine dining in the Hunter Valley, Esca Bimbadgen exemplifies the unique nature of a winery restaurant. The spectacular entrance suspended above the winery is second only to the view from your table. Mark Marshall, Esca Bimbadgen Executive Chef and his team have created our new menu showcasing our passion for the Hunter Valley and the abundance of local produce at our doorstep. Taste it today!
Reviewed 10 September 2023

I have been to Bimbadgen many times and enjoy the wine, the view, the service and the whole atmosphere but I feel as though lately that the food needs some improvement.
Each to their own of course but now I’m going to share my own personal review. I’d love to try the focaccia without rosemary and the red wine salt. Some bread with a balsamic, dukkah or local olive oil would be delicious. As for the entree the potato latkes were cooked in too much butter and oil and this made them difficult to enjoy. If there was some tomato chutney or sauce with them I think it could have been more enjoyable. The main I had was the pork loin which just melted in my mouth and was cooked perfectly. The rest of the dish was a bit bitter from rapini then very spicy from the chilli jam which I didn’t realise would be that spicy. This for me made it hard to enjoy. My father had the same feedback for the entree and his main was lacking the minted sour cream but he thoroughly enjoyed the lamb backstrap and his dessert. My dessert was delicious but the figs weren’t as sweet (I have a tree at home, maybe my comparison is just different), the coconut sorbet was the winner of the dish it was absolutely perfect, I wasn’t eating chunks of coconut, it was just amazing.
So overall there is a bit of room for improvement but I will still dine here and continue to bring my family.

Date of visit: September 2023

Reviewed 9 September 2023 via mobile

A beautiful setting and lovely restaurant. Excellent service and the food was sensational. Very reasonable for 3 generous courses. Lots to choose from. Love that you could mix and match your courses on the menu. I had the cauliflower, scallops and lamb. All were delicious.

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 6 August 2023 via mobile

If you want a massive plate of pub style food this is not for you. Plate serves are small, however, if you want perfectly prepared food from a carefully prepared menu that tastes divine, then book a table at Esca.
Great atmosphere, great staff, great views, great food and wine.
Three of us agreed that this is a perfect restaurant and also good value for wonderful food perfectly presented.
I would definitely recommend dining here, you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 22 June 2023 via mobile

Wonderful luncheon with dear friends. Jordan really looked after us. Good and beverage memorable- lamb especially delicious!!! Compliments to the Chef and team

Date of visit: June 2023
Reviewed 11 June 2023

I would like to start by saying as season travelers we all have dinned in some of the best and worse places in the world and unfortunetly ESCA is at the lower end of the scale , we had waited a very long time to eat there but becuse other commitments we couldn't until now and it was so disappointing the cost for the four was $640.00 wich was also to include 5 glasses of wine but we only got a tasting amount in the glass all up it would have been the equivalent to 2 standard drinks as for the food OMG.

On arrival a very small piece of focaccia bread with a tiny glass of sparkling Cuvee.
Couse 1 King fish Crudo 2 grapes cut in half and a finger lime.

Course 2 A Persimmon cut into 4 pieces a few hazel nuts thrown on with a 25 year age balsamic wich is only 25 years old because they dont put very much on the dish .

Course 3 Half of uncooked cauliflower again some more almonds frown on the plate .

Couse 4 A piece of sirloin that couldn't be cut and that bleed into the parsnip puree on the plate with a few mushrooms .

Couse 5 Carrot cake cream cheese and yoghurt all tasted like it was made days prior .

Sorry people we had crispy Barramundi at the The Vintage for $40.00 the night before and it was senstional I think the chief should walk up the road and give them some hints .

Apart from the food there was no attention to detail not one person asked why most of the food was being sent back still on the plate , none of the food was explained .

As people who don't care about what the cost is this ws certainly not worth the money .

Date of visit: June 2023