“Staff”

Price range: AU$7 - AU$38
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enzo warmly welcomes you to our charming sandstone restaurant. . . As the story goes, 'enzo' have been established since 1996, yes one of the original cafes in wine country pokolbin! When there were dirt roads 'n stuff! We are historically known for our alfresco dining and 7 days trade throughout our years! Over the years this once upon a time homestead, home to the Irelands, has expanded and evolved and become home to enzo. Original fittings of the kitchen areas and fireplace still remain untouched. Hand cut sandstone, laid by hand, and the hardwood beams from the wharf of sydney harbour, create the lived-in feel that people return for. We welcome you to our home of dining, celebrating and good times, and ask you to continue to share with us. Enjoy!
Reviewed 20 November 2023

Amazing and friendly I have been going to enzo’s for a very very long time food is yummy will be back

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 19 November 2023 via mobile

We called in today for breakfast. I checked Trip advisor for suggestions and saw this wasn’t far from where we had been staying in Hunter Valley. The setting of the restaurant was lovely with plenty of parking. We were early (8.15am) so didn’t have to wait for a table but did notice there was a queue of people waiting by the time we left an hour later. The maitre d’ and waiting staff were all very friendly and attentive.

We didn’t particularly want a cooked breakfast as the weather was fairly warm so opted for the fruit medley, granola and yoghurt. The presentation was so lovely and we both thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast, the quantities were really generous and excellent value for money. The coffees were good with a deep roasted flavour much more akin to the type we have in Europe.

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 15 November 2023

My hubby n I went for breakfast and we were told it’s full and we need wait out for 20 min. So we said we will have coffe takeaway while we wait until u call us. So we were waiting for our take away for good 10min and people started lining up behind us. Surprise surprise they were all given a table immediately and we were still waiting outside. Why the discrimination? Because we were not white? Not good enough to be seated? Then we were given the worst seats inside. When we asked for a table that was available outside we were told sorry we have to clean that table. I’m sure cleaning the table doesn’t take 30 min. Terrible service. It’s 2013. Wake up racists.

Date of visit: October 2023
1  Thank jed H
Reviewed 4 November 2023

On our first trip to the Hunter since covid we were pleased to see that this brilliant cafe had survived. Great setting and with a lovely rustic feel. Definitely the best cafe in the Valley. Recommended.

Date of visit: October 2023
Reviewed 3 November 2023

I’ve been to Cafe Enzo a few times for breakfast and I have to say this time was very disappointing. Firstly I had asked for a very weak cappuccino and a regular one turned up with no sugar and no spoon. I had to ask for sugar followed by a spoon. The spoon that they brought was a wooden one. That may be great for a takeaway, but not presentable when drinking in-house.
As for the breakfast, 2 large strips of bacon were brought out instead of being nicely cut and presented on my plate, and lastly I didn’t find the breakfast menu very inspiring. What happened to eggs benedict and the yummy hollandaise sauce? And they had run out of bbq sauce. How can a restaurant run out of bbq sauce?
All in all I think the service, the food presentation and choice of menu has taken a huge dive. Not sure if I’ll ever go back.

Date of visit: November 2023