Lowest prices for your stay
AU$208
AU$208
Get rewarded with One Key
Trip.com
AU$170
febenine
Kincumber, Australia
Looking forward to our next visit!!!!
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Feb 2024
Back to our favourite hotel, this time to celebrate our 65th Wedding Anniversary!

We do love resorts, but as very senior seniors, some things have become most important to us, and our favourite room at Mercure Hunter Valley has all our needs. I now have mobility problems, just a walking stick so far, but very bad balance, and after a lifetime of travelling overseas and seeing the world on liners from 1956 till 2020 we are happy to live about an hour from Pokolbin, and experience a good hotel!!! This one now has our car handy at our front door, two lovely big beds, lots of space and a very good bathroom and best of all for my husband, a lovely swimming pool and jacuzzi right outside our back door, with a pleasant patio and lots of trees and greenery! And it is spotless to enjoy!

The breakfast buffet, another one of our very favourite travel musts is excellent, and though I normally order eggs done differently, this time I enjoyed the scrambled eggs twice!!! Wish I knew what chef puts in them to give that flavour and colour.

Staff here could not be more helpful and friendly, and I have made sure to bock our next visit for my 90th birthday!!! Many thanks Mercure Hunter Valley, see you soon!!!
Date of stay: February 2024
Room Tip:  Enjoy!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 6 Mar 2024
Thank you for your feedback.
Happy Anniversary again! 65th is amazing!
We can't wait to have you back with us again.
Hope to see you soon.
    AU$197
7.9 km from Mercure Hunter Valley Gardens
View more hotels in Pokolbin
1,244 results
All reviews sunken bath hunter valley gardens elements restaurant walking distance private courtyard shopping village reception staff buffet breakfast king bed hope estate central location two night stay wineries wedding hv cellar sydney
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2024 via mobile

We had our ceremony and wedding reception at Mercure Resort Hunter Valley and we couldn’t have asked for anything more. The food and beverage package for us and our 16 guests were just superb. Danielle was our coordinator assigned to us for the night and there was nothing too hard and she went above and beyond the day after also. Our accommodation was faultless and although I concede it was getting on and needing refurbishment, it was clean and comfortable. We highly recommend this lovely venue for any couples looking to book a small wedding.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2023

We stayed recently for 3 nights. Check in was easy and all staff were very friendly. Yes, the place is getting dated but our room was nice and clean.The bed was comfortable, the TV worked well.
The dining room is quite small for such a big establishment, so first night we couldn't get a table. We wandered to The Wood Restaurant at Brokenwood Winery (10mins)
We didn't eat dinner the next night, we had a late lunch at Harrigans Irish Pub (20min walk)
Then on our last night there was 2 busses in house, so we walked across to Roche Estate (10mins) and dined at Oishii Thai/Japanese.
We did enjoy a few drinks at the bar each day tho.
We walked to Hunter Valley Gardens for the spectacular Christmas Lights Show (10mins)
We had an early pick up one morning for a Wine Tour so thought we'd have room service breakfast - only to find out room service is only available 12 midday to 8pm.
There's a fridge in the room but no mini bar and we were quite surprised that no Complimentary Water was provided in the room.
The best thing of this establishment is the location. Right next door is a small village with shops and some eateries etc.
We'd stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2023
Reviewed 7 November 2023

I'm sure this hotel was nice a decade ago. Now it is in need of a renovation and a good clean. Our family had several rooms, one of which hadn't had the bathroom cleaned so cleaners had to be arranged to come back. My room had a broken cupboard door that wouldn't stay shut and needed a deep clean - there was dust and crumbs in the cupboard.

When we checked out another family member dropped our key cards off at reception for us. The man on reception called us and was very rude saying we hadn't paid an ugprade fee and for drinks we'd bought (and paid for) the previous day. We told him we already paid but he was rude, not listening to me when I insisted we paid and ignoring me when I said we were on the road to the airport and it wasn't an appropriate or safe time to talk. When we provided screenshots of our bank accounts proving we'd paid everything he was not particularly apologetic.

The gardens are beautiful and the pool/spa area is nice although the pool is freezing. There is a good gym as far as hotel gyms go.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Julie Pettit, General Manager at Mercure Hunter Valley Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2023

Dear Em,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you did not share this with us during your stay so we could resolve this for you. Certainly not ok to have these things missed in your room.
In regard to the refresh, it is currently underway but yes, we wish it was fully complete now too. TV's, beds, Lounges, outside tables have all been replaced. The external walls have all been repainted, roads resurfaced, Library, bar and restaurant furniture has been replaced and we have started working on bathrooms, desk chairs and our tiling around the hotel. It is certainly a process; we are proud of what we have been able to do but still a bit to go.
In regard to the receptionist, I can only apologise. This person does not work for us anymore and sadly in his last week this was the interaction with you. I cannot apologise enough.
I hope we can have you pass through again and show you far improved services for next time.
Thank you for sharing with us.
Kind regards
Julie at Mercure

Reviewed 29 October 2023

The Staff we encountered were not friendly , over priced for what accommodation you get , outdated

Only thing nice about this place was the gardens … I do not recommend staying here , won’t be a repeat customer

Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed 22 October 2023

Extremely dissappointed in this accomodation. Initially we were charged $718 for ONE NIGHT in a King Room with a Spa. My husband wanted to show me a lovely weekend away so was happy to pay it, if that was the price but for $718 our expectations were HIGH!
We walked into the room and it was normal to small size with just the bed and desk and a 2 seater lounge. There was a mini bar which was EMPTY! We are in the Hunter Valley! Where is the wine selection?? There wasnt even any bottled water in the fridge!! Ive stayed in $100 motels that even had water in the fridge!
I went looking for a tissue to blow my nose.... no tissues!!!
We paid an extra $100 for the spa which was amazing but we were still only provided with 2 towels! I would have expected at least 4 towels.
There was no extra toilet roll, just what was on the roll holder.
So to say we were blown away with dissappointment was an understatement!
The bed was comfortable, the shower and spa bath were wonderful, but those little luxuries you would expect for a $300 and over room were non existent! Even basics like water, tissues and an extra toilet roll.
I googled the motel on the apps to see what we were missing paying $718 for one night. My husband was told by a woman that booked him in that this was the weekend rate! So I googled the weekend rate for next weekend. The most expensive King Room was $370. Plus $100 extra for the spa which he was told was over and above the amount listed, Still only comes to $470 for a single night. No mention of a weekend rate.
I questioned it with the gentleman on duty and I quoted the prices shown on the app with my understanding that even with an exta $100 per room, it still didnt come to $718. He agreed we had been overcharged!! He gave us a $308 refund, but that room still cost us $410!!! With no toilet paper, no water, no tissues, just 2 towels when we paid an extra $100 for the spa bath.
If you want to stay in this place, dont expect to get anything that you might expect to be a normal service. Anything other than a bed and bathroom will cost extra. Terribly overpriced and terribly underserviced and dishonest in their charges!!!!

Room tip: Heads up about what you are getting for your money. Check your charges. Dont expect water in the bar fridge, bring your own, plus tissues.
Date of stay: October 2023