Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Get rewarded with One Key
1,242 results
All reviews sunken bath hunter valley gardens elements restaurant walking distance private courtyard shopping village reception staff buffet breakfast king bed hope estate central location two night stay wineries wedding hv cellar sydney
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2023

I'm sure this hotel was nice a decade ago. Now it is in need of a renovation and a good clean. Our family had several rooms, one of which hadn't had the bathroom cleaned so cleaners had to be arranged to come back. My room had a broken cupboard door that wouldn't stay shut and needed a deep clean - there was dust and crumbs in the cupboard.

When we checked out another family member dropped our key cards off at reception for us. The man on reception called us and was very rude saying we hadn't paid an ugprade fee and for drinks we'd bought (and paid for) the previous day. We told him we already paid but he was rude, not listening to me when I insisted we paid and ignoring me when I said we were on the road to the airport and it wasn't an appropriate or safe time to talk. When we provided screenshots of our bank accounts proving we'd paid everything he was not particularly apologetic.

The gardens are beautiful and the pool/spa area is nice although the pool is freezing. There is a good gym as far as hotel gyms go.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Julie Pettit, General Manager at Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2023

Dear Em,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you did not share this with us during your stay so we could resolve this for you. Certainly not ok to have these things missed in your room.
In regard to the refresh, it is currently underway but yes, we wish it was fully complete now too. TV's, beds, Lounges, outside tables have all been replaced. The external walls have all been repainted, roads resurfaced, Library, bar and restaurant furniture has been replaced and we have started working on bathrooms, desk chairs and our tiling around the hotel. It is certainly a process; we are proud of what we have been able to do but still a bit to go.
In regard to the receptionist, I can only apologise. This person does not work for us anymore and sadly in his last week this was the interaction with you. I cannot apologise enough.
I hope we can have you pass through again and show you far improved services for next time.
Thank you for sharing with us.
Kind regards
Julie at Mercure

Reviewed 29 October 2023

The Staff we encountered were not friendly , over priced for what accommodation you get , outdated

Only thing nice about this place was the gardens … I do not recommend staying here , won’t be a repeat customer

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2023

Extremely dissappointed in this accomodation. Initially we were charged $718 for ONE NIGHT in a King Room with a Spa. My husband wanted to show me a lovely weekend away so was happy to pay it, if that was the price but for $718 our expectations were HIGH!
We walked into the room and it was normal to small size with just the bed and desk and a 2 seater lounge. There was a mini bar which was EMPTY! We are in the Hunter Valley! Where is the wine selection?? There wasnt even any bottled water in the fridge!! Ive stayed in $100 motels that even had water in the fridge!
I went looking for a tissue to blow my nose.... no tissues!!!
We paid an extra $100 for the spa which was amazing but we were still only provided with 2 towels! I would have expected at least 4 towels.
There was no extra toilet roll, just what was on the roll holder.
So to say we were blown away with dissappointment was an understatement!
The bed was comfortable, the shower and spa bath were wonderful, but those little luxuries you would expect for a $300 and over room were non existent! Even basics like water, tissues and an extra toilet roll.
I googled the motel on the apps to see what we were missing paying $718 for one night. My husband was told by a woman that booked him in that this was the weekend rate! So I googled the weekend rate for next weekend. The most expensive King Room was $370. Plus $100 extra for the spa which he was told was over and above the amount listed, Still only comes to $470 for a single night. No mention of a weekend rate.
I questioned it with the gentleman on duty and I quoted the prices shown on the app with my understanding that even with an exta $100 per room, it still didnt come to $718. He agreed we had been overcharged!! He gave us a $308 refund, but that room still cost us $410!!! With no toilet paper, no water, no tissues, just 2 towels when we paid an extra $100 for the spa bath.
If you want to stay in this place, dont expect to get anything that you might expect to be a normal service. Anything other than a bed and bathroom will cost extra. Terribly overpriced and terribly underserviced and dishonest in their charges!!!!

Room tip: Heads up about what you are getting for your money. Check your charges. Dont expect water in the bar fridge, bring your own, plus tissues.
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2023 via mobile

My fourth stay at this resort.

We actually really like staying here. It’s well located next to the Hunter Valley Gardens.

The resort has a fantastic restaurant and bar. We had a lovely 2 course meal in Elements with outstanding service from Brodie.

The resort also has a wonderful pool area although the pool temperature is cold.

Our room was a spa king and the bed was super comfortable. It had a lovely little courtyard outside.

Resort is now getting on in age and it is reflected in the state of the furniture in the room (apart from the bed which was fantastic).

The curtains in our room could reallly have done with a clean.

Overall we had a lovely stay and will be back.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2023

Rude staff, badly in need of repairs, room not maintained. Outside patio was disgusting, breakfast plates left outside for days. Cut our stay short as it was not enjoyable at all. Emailed concerns and never received a reply. Not recommended .

Date of stay: March 2022