Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Getaway28866811133

Mercure Hunter Valley Gardens

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Aug 2023
The Reception person was brusque and seemed to want to be elsewhere
The restaurant was like an episode out of Faulty Towers and the food very ordinary.
In the room the bathroom sink was blocked, the sheer curtain had been removed and the main curtain was grubby and torn. There was an unpleasant odour coming from the settee .On trying to phone the Office the phone continually gave an engaged signal, but after going to the office the Receptionist person was not on the phone
The whole place needs renovation. Somewhere I saw the Hotel is owned by Mr Roche who should be able to do something The worst hotel experience I can recall
Date of stay: August 2023
Room Tip: Do not go there before they renovate and employ some able, pleasant people
Trip type: Travelled solo
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded 27 Aug 2023
Thank you again for your feedback Graeme.
I have responded to your other feedback post. I apologise again for your personal experience.
But for this platform, I should point out that this is out of character feedback about our team and they were quite upset you felt this way despite their best efforts to accommodation your needs. The ongoing renovations happening at the moment, should show you what we are doing with the hotel as noted in my other correspondence.
Julie At Mercure
    AU$297
5.7 km from Mercure Hunter Valley Gardens
View more hotels in Pokolbin
1,244 results
All reviews sunken bath hunter valley gardens elements restaurant walking distance private courtyard shopping village reception staff buffet breakfast king bed hope estate central location two night stay wineries wedding hv cellar sydney
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2023 via mobile

The location is good, next to the Hunter Valley Gardens.
We had drinks from the bar in the lounge and then dinner at The Elements restaurant which was a fantastic experience. The food, service and atmosphere were great and very relaxing. We had a wonderful night.

Room tip: There is plenty of parking. I would recommend booking before.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julie Pettit, General Manager at Mercure Hunter Valley Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2023

Thank you for your feedback.
Delighted you had a lovely time.
See you in the Hunter again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2023

This hotel was designated as the stay for a work project and I had four separate stays here in May.

I found the check in process varied each time. The first two visits my Gold Status was not recognised though my number was in the system.
I found the staff member 'In Training' - a young women - provided the best front of house service I received the entire time, and it was the younger staff generally who outshine the more senior at this hotel - particular mention of Lauren (?) and the young man who worked the bar and delivered room service.

The rooms were sizeable and clean, as with most Accor hotels, the beds comfy, offering a good night sleep.

This property has a large library / meeting room for guests to gather and that was helpful for work breifings /debreifings.

It's well located in terms of what the Hunter offers in terms of wineries nearby.

There's also aa quaint shopping centre next door, with local crafts and eateries.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Julie Pettit, General Manager at Mercure Hunter Valley Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2023

Thank you for your feedback Anitah469.

A really good look at our reception desk from your perspective is very helpful. Thank you.

Delighted you had a lovely stay and hope to see you back in the hunter soon for work or play.

Reviewed 6 April 2023

Stopped over night while in the Hunter Valley on business. I used the hotel as a business point & not a resort and in this regard I found the mi-week pricing fine, the wifi quick & reliable and the room comfortable and well appointed.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2023

Having completed my review out of absolute frustration, I am now happy to report that my points have been correctly deducted and my credit card reversed. Thank you Julie and Karen. Apart from the points experience, I made it clear that we had been very happy with our stay. Our room was lovely and had been refurbished, the gardens very impressive, our meals at Elegant restaurant were superb and all the staff we met were lovely. Pool was very welcoming. Location in the Hunter Valley just perfect and there were enough Vineyards close by to keep you busy. Would be equally as nice in Winter with the spa pool too.

Room tip: We had an end unit ground floor with a lovely patio area.
Date of stay: March 2023
Julie Pettit, General Manager at Mercure Hunter Valley Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2023

Delighted we could help you with this Helen.
Also happy to hear about your lovely stay.
See you in the hunter again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2023

Apart from the bed being clean and comfortable, which I guess is the main thing my room 102 was still living in the 1990’s even had the original curtains and dark brown furniture that wouldn’t have looked out of place in my grandmothers house. As another guest commented my bathroom sink drain was blocked also and smelt horrible. The resort itself would have been something in its heyday but its now dark and dingy. The upside is it’s close to the vineyards, hunter valley gardens and Harrigans Irish Pub.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sydneyfamily04
Julie Pettit, General Manager at Mercure Hunter Valley Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2023

Thankyou for your feedback. We have just replaced our beds, lounge suites and outdoor tables this past year. Currently rolling out some bathroom improvements, painting and an upgrade to our soft furnishings in our lounge and bar. While we will keep our wooden lodge feel deliberately, we hope this freshen up will compliment modern and classic tastes.
We hope to see you again soon.