Hunter Valley Resort(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
USD 160
USD 87
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 123/night.

Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
USD 152
USD 130
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 147/night.

Pokolbin Village(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
USD 88
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 98/night.

USD 97
USD 86
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 114/night.

USD 333
Hermitage Lodge(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
USD 130
Leisure Inn Pokolbin Hill(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
USD 121
USD 96
  • Pool
Mercure Resort Hunter Valley Gardens(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
USD 181
USD 104
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 159/night.

Estate Tuscany(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
USD 88
USD 81
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
The Convent Hunter Valley Hotel(Pokolbin)(Great Value!)
USD 177
USD 142
Priceline
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 162/night.

All reviewshunter valleyprivate terraceon arrivalfurnishingsestatetoiletriesdriveway
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Recently purchased by the Hope family this property is absolutely incredible. Each room is finished to perfect with different themes - and each one is special. Some have fireplaces, some have views but all have character.
Ava liable for corporate run of property, bridal parties and other group functions this property goes above and beyond to make your stay special. Bring in wines from their Tower and Hope estates their dinners with matching wines are amazing. The food is off the charts!
I highly recommend the property

Stayed: July 2015
2  Thank Robyn G
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at the Tower Lodge late last year, after many years of hearing great things about it - it was simply somewhere I had to stay.
It's a beautiful property, and in a great location at the Hunter.

I must say I was extremely disappointed when we were shown to the room. I must take some responsibility, as the 'classic style' room is not something I'm usually a fan of - I much prefer modern. Although, I have stayed in hotels that had a classic style (Observatory Hotel, Sydney), and were very pleasant.
The main issue I have with Tower Lodge is that the rooms (or at least room I stayed in) is getting tired and old. The furniture is mostly antique, but does not appear to have been maintained. There is an urgent requirement to reupholster a number of the items, and give them some general TLC.
The room was also not cleaned properly on our arrival. Bathroom floors were dirty (although this later appeared to be permanent stains), and the flyscreens on the windows were torn and in generally bad condition. The the exterior of the window was full of dirt and dead insects, so the cleaning staff did their best to clean it up - but the flyscreens were never repaired.
Not the best into for a hotel you're paying close to $700/night for. If I'm paying for what is likely the most expensive accommodation on the Hunter, I have every right to expect the absolute best.

Aside from my disappointment with the room, I really did enjoy the stay. The staff were friendly, and the breakfast was fantastic. It really is a unique establishment.

I'm sure there are many people out there (well there must, given all the positive reviews) that would think the furnishing are a feature, but for the money, the room could have been given some assistance to age a bit more gracefully.
Unfortunately I won't be returning to Tower, too expensive for what I felt to be a sub-par room. Although, I must say in general, the quality of accommodation on the Hunter appears to leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
14  Thank razkin1
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed at Tower Lodge several times and it has always delivered what I needed: A classy, peaceful retreat from the stresses of city life. The service is discreet but intensely personal. The abundance of precious antiques occasionally made me nervous I might break something, but most of the time it made me respect the handpicked quality of the interiors. The beds were insanely comfortable. I loved sitting fireside with a glass of Tower pinot noir, or just going for a peaceful walk, swimming in the pool (which didn't seem to be used much, and I'm not complaining about that, it meant I often had the pool to myself which was a treat), or wine tasting next door or down the road. I have always felt rejuvenated after a few days of staying there. The breakfasts were brilliant.

Room Tip: All the rooms are designed so you can't see another room from your balcony, or french doors. I liked the "your own little world" aspect so any room is fine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank 359TravelGirl
Reviewed 3 November 2013

As per the previous reviews, my fiance and I also face a similar situation. We are Hunter Valley locals who are getting married at Peppers next April, and had organised our wedding night (along with numerous family bookings) at Tower Lodge with the wedding co-ordinator. We did notice recently that Tower Lodge (winery, etc.) was up for sale, and we wondered how a pending sale would affect our wedding. Weeks past, and we heard nothing from either our wedding coordinator or Tower Lodge. You can imagine how surprised we were to hear from other friends at a cocktail party, that Tower Lodge had cancelled accommodation and weddings, and had "supposedly" emailed their customers advising them as such! Funnily enough, the next day I received numerous emails from my family in Canada who had been trying to contact Tower Lodge for a number of weeks, and were getting no response.

I called Tower immediately - I spoke to a receptionist on the Thursday morning who said I would get a call back that same day. No call back, and I waited to see if I would get a call on Friday.... again no call.

As we live 10 minutes away, our next logical choice was to go there directly and get some answers. Finally our wedding co-odinator came out to meet us and explained what was happening, and we were told that we would have to find other accommodation. They did say that any cancellation would be refunded in full, and I am very skeptical to see if this actually does happen. We made sure we expressed our displeasure at the fact that no one had made any attempt to call us or our guests, and that this type of behaviour is simply unacceptable regardless of the situation.

The only silver lining to our story is that Peppers Convent and Robert's Restaurant are now separate from Tower, and therefore the sale of Tower will not affect our actual wedding day. I must say that my fiance and I do sympathise with those here on the forum and everyone else who have had weddings and bookings cancelled.

As a businessman myself, I understand that the sale of a business can be a very sensitive and complex situation. There is certain information that is confidential and private, and this can sometimes make things difficult for all parties involved. This doesn't excuse however, the extreme lack of professionalism that I and others have experienced. Regardless of a sale, there is a level of decency and transparency that is expected and you would think that either the Hope family (the new owners who also own Hope Estate) or the previous owners would have procedures in place to ensure that everything is handled in a respectful and courteous manner to paying customer. It is safe to say that this has obviously not been done.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
24  Thank Mayspoon
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were booked in for a week next February 22nd for our Son's and Daughter to be wedding. We also booked the whole lodge out for two days for this wedding.
We were informed a few weeks ago that due to the sale of the property they were going to close it down and refurbish it on the weekend of the wedding and because of this, we the bridal party and guests around 20 of us have nowhere to stay because it is on the same weekend of the Bruce Springsteen concert and all accommodation is sold out.

A heartbroken bride to be and a very upset family and they are not even returning our calls to try and assist us.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family