7 people are viewing this hotel
vocoHotels
Save more with IHG One Rewards
Priceline
1,212 results
All reviews manor house high tea indoor pool rose garden hunter valley mid week beautiful location wine tasting balcony locavore pigs weekend wedding sauna conference tennis court
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2023

The Reception staff are very welcoming. The grounds and property are very well maintained. We booked the King Room which had the best bed and pillows. First time in a long time I didn't wake up with a sore neck. Our room had a verandah with comfortable seating and table and it was so nice to sit there to watch the sunset over the Brokeback Mountains. I made use of the wonderfully heated pool and spa. They also had a well equipped gym with sauna (I did not try this). Breakfast was well presented with a large variety to choose from. They provided outside games for guests to use. Out the front they also had firepits to enjoy in the evening. They also cooked pizzas for purchase there as well to enjoy at the fire. It is a little pricey, but if you use all of the facilities there, it is absolutely worth the price. My husband and I will stay there again now we know what is available to use. Let's not forget about the tennis court and basket ball hoop they have available. It was a joy to stay there.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Maddison Ingram, Owner at voco Kirkton Park Hunter Valley, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2023

Hi 641traceyw!

Thank you so much for your wonderful words. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how delightful and peaceful your stay with us was.

We can't wait to welcome you back to our beautiful property.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 17 September 2023

My son and I recently had a high cheese at Voco and it was amazing. A high cheese is a high tea but for those for a savoury tooth and not a sweet tooth. We had an egg sandwich, salmon roll, tuna wrap, 3 sets of warm pasties, lots of cheese and biscuits and a scone with jam and cream. The food was so well presented and the venue was stunning, i truly recommend the venue, the staff, the ambience. A well deserved 5 stars.

Date of stay: September 2023
Reviewed 1 September 2023

We stayed 2 nights for our anniversary (actually, we have tonight to go). I couldn’t have asked for more. From our life with a busy toddler and full time workers it was delightful to feel a moment of downtime.

The staff were absolutely wonderful. Heidi and Georgia who made up our room left no stone unturned. Heidi left a cute towel-rose.

Monique at reception was so thoughtful and considerate. We didn’t catch the name of the person who made our coffee but he had 2 earrings and it was one of the best coffees we’ve had.

The view was fantastic (valley view king room) and it was exciting to have s’mores and fire pits awaiting us. We loved visiting the pigs and chickens and the landscaping. The person tending to the garden is doing a wonderful job. We loved exploring the land despite spring not yet having sprung. It is wonderful to have the walking track available.

Breakfast was delightful (skip the mini waffles), we made our own juice which was exciting. The Buddha bowl, pizza, hommus, arancini, kipfler potatoes, were just wonderfull. We dined at the bar twice, had room service, and breakfast buffets.

The style is perfect and the staff add a wonderful extra level of luxury in their consideration of guests.

We feel really lucky to have stayed here and are thinking of making it an annual event. Thank you so much.

Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2023

We are a family group of 4 with two vegetarian and one gluten free for high tea. Firstly we were very impressed with the way they catered for our individual needs. Being new to the gluten free set I found the food very tasty and varied. Possibly one gluten free bun with filling would have been plenty as two buns was a lot. The four of us were pleased with both the standard of the food and the service provided.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2023

We had a favourable first impression at the room/ property but after 1 night you’ll start to see all the issues. We love the fact that it is a sustainable resort but there’s a lot to be desired after 5 nights in their suite.

Day 1: Checkin was rushed, reception didn’t explained the room amenities provided with the room type we’ve booked-in (spa suite). Room did not come with standard amenity kit (no cotton pad no toothbrush no sanitary pad etc) upon check in. I had to call to ask for toothbrushes. We didn’t know that the room came with a working fireplace, free still & sparkling water, no phone directory in the room / label on the phone. And most importantly how to get room serviced or not. when we had an issue about the room not being serviced they asked us repeatedly did we put the doortag outside (we didn’t - which is the correct way to get the room serviced). If this is important, then they should make it a clear point to explain this during checkin. We had dinner at the bar, we ordered a cauliflower salad to share (among other foods). It was so disappointing to received a big bowl of spinach and 3 small pieces of dried chicken breast. Since the title of the salad is cauliflower salad, we were unimpressed that it was the one ingredient that was missing from that bowl. The salad cost almost $30 for what seems to be a bag of baby spinach salad that you could buy from coles or wollies for $3. Oh yes and dressing on that was also on existent. Upon clearing our plates, bar staff didn’t asked us how the food was & she was quite abrupt.

Day 2: Had breakfast and staff was friendly and efficient. We also noticed that there’s a sign that says ‘kids club’ which we then asked the reception where it was which they then explained it was an adjoining room that had games, colouring books etc for kids (it’s school holidays) which we thought was a great idea and our son did went in to play and enjoyed it. Came back to the room, we noticed that the room wasn’t made and only the towels were changed (we didn’t request this). So we thought that they only service the rooms every 2nd night being sustainable an all. So we didn’t thought much about it, we also noticed that the maintenance didn’t come to turn on the fireplace so we followed up on that. And we had that running before they end the shift at 3pm. Honestly that was the saving grace of this trip. The fireplace is a beautiful addition to the room especially during winter. We also requested for another tv control as there’s 2 tv in the suite but only 1 remote.

Day 3: Breakfast, and we noticed that the ‘kids club room’ is now converted to a meeting space which my son wasn’t very happy about. I don’t understand why they would introduce a service but then took it away midway through our stay which is still within school holiday period. There was no explanation given. Frustrating to say the least.
Room was not serviced again. We began to wonder why and quickly peeked at the room across us that is currently being serviced. We ask the ladies there and they were nice enough to help service the room because the person who was doing our wing had finished. So they said they will bring this matter to their supervisor. However they did it so quickly that they forgot to replenish the toiletries. So I had to call for bath salts from reception and ask if they could bring me extra so I don’t have to ask. Having the main reason we choose spa suite instead of manor suite is because we wanted to use the spa bath, we would expect they understood that we would use up bath salts pretty quickly, and they only brought us 2 packets. Mind boggling.

Day 4: At breakfast I walked up to reception to complained about the room. And finally the room is properly serviced / cleaned by a lovely lady Maleah. I asked her about the room amenity and she told me that the room came with complimentary water which clearly wasn’t replenished throughout our stay so far. After hearing our experience she stocked us up with amenity kits and bath salts that would be sufficient for the remaining nights of our stay.

Day 5: Room was serviced but not vacuumed. We can see crumbs all over the floor in our room as our son does have snacks etc. And off I went again to reception to complained about the room. There was a queue at the reception and waited for about a good 15 mins and finally a lady came and asked if I needed help. She introduced herself as Jess and offered to get me a drink while we discussed about the issue that I’m facing. I declined as I was at boiling point having to complained for the 2nd time is not a good experience for our anniversary getaway. I just want to get the room serviced. At that time I also requested for a late checkout for the next day as we have booked a high tea at 12noon. Finally they sent a lady to come and vacuum the room. She brought with her a complimentary bottle of wine which I brought back to return it at the front desk the next day. We ordered room service that night, delivery was quick and efficient but the tray wasn’t picked / cleared up until 11am next day.

Day 6: checkout day, by 11 am our card didn’t work, although we’ve requested for a late checkout at 12noon. Called up reception and told them our card didn’t work and she said she will bring it to us. This could have been avoided yesterday when I was at the reception. They could have cut me a new card yesterday, seemed simple but I guess not simple enough to execute on their part. Checkout was quick and efficient. We had our high tea, this is our second time but we have to say it isn’t as good at the last time we were here. We booked for 3 pax and there were not 3 set of cakes, it’s a mix of cakes which isn’t for individuals, so we had to cut them to smaller pieces to share among the 3 of us. There were only 1 staff on the floor - she is efficient but I thought it’s rather cruel to have her running high tea with about 6 tables to serve. later on we got to know that there should be 2 staff on high tea but boss took them off site to have lunch which I think was absurd. You could do lunch before service happens or after if you had to take people off your service time.
Overall we didn’t enjoy our stay there. It was suppose to be a memorable anniversary celebration but the service of the hotel left us thinking if we’d ever return to Voco. The room is beautifully furnished but not functional, the side table lamps were not suitable as a reading light and a simple fix would have suffice. Overall cleanliness of the room is questionable, the lamp shade is visibly dusty and outside balcony table is so dusty and dirty. We see a lady cleaning the common area windows everyday, wonder why the guest tables at the balcony wasn’t diligently cleaned like the windows? The main pool wasn’t really heated except for the spa pool. The sauna was put on a 20 min timer but the sauna wasn’t hot enough to by the time 20’mins is done. Another fail. We are at suite No 33. Stay 6days 5 nights
A fail for both soft and hard product. Sustainability resort shouldn’t be about sustainable profit on your part.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 214lylam
Jess Checkley, Owner at voco Kirkton Park Hunter Valley, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2023

Hi 214lylam,
Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback from you recent experience at voco Kirkton Park Hunter Valley.
I am disappointed to read that you were not satisfied with the solutions we discussed during your stay, and as I mentioned your experience is certainly not typical for our hotel. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further direct, so that we can resolve any ongoing issues. I have also shared your comments with necessary Heads of Departments to ensure we thoroughly investigate where we had any potential breakdowns in our usual processes.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kind regards,