We obtained a good deal from a last minute website, half the rack rate price, and were very happy with our stay. Not sure I would want to pay full price however. The room was very well appointed and spacious, and I always appreciate a lounge chair to relax into whilst looking down the front lawn to the dam. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. But there seemed to be something a bit twee about the place that I couldn't quite put my finger on - was it the faux English rose garden or the not quite convincing colonial architecture? Also didn't like the fact that you had to swipe to get into the pool, couldn't see the need for it considering how isolated the place is. Still, if you can get a good deal, it's a very pleasant, quiet place to relax for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the luxury and refinement of one of the Hunter Valley’s most prestigious estates. Situated on 70 acres of rolling countryside with spectacular mountain views, Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley is the ultimate place for you to escape, unwind and indulge. Kirkton Park is boutique hotel that blends classic elegance and charm with contemporary style and sophistication. It’s a place where you can leave the day-to-day behind, relaxing in luxurious accommodation, tasting exquisite food, and embracing the beautiful surrounds. Stroll through manicured gardens, breathe in the fresh air on picturesque walking trails, and make the most of our fitness centre and tennis courts. Or simply luxuriate in our impressive Grecian style heated indoor pool, spa and sauna. Only two hours drive north of Sydney, Kirkton Park is also a convenient venue for meetings, conferences and weddings. With a range of versatile indoor and outdoor spaces to choose from, as well as mouth-watering food and beverage menus, your event will be a memorable experience. The hotel also acts as your base from which to explore the delights of the Hunter Valley region. Discover boutique wineries, sample local cheeses and visit the magnificent Hunter Valley Gardens – the largest display garden in the southern hemisphere. Or if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, challenge yourself on a championship golf course or take a dream ride in a hot air balloon. Whether it’s a romantic weekend, time away with the family, a conference or wedding, or simply an indulgent escape, Kirkton Park is your luxurious retreat in the heart of the Hunter Valley wine region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Kirkton Park Hunter Valley Hotel Pokolbin
- Kirkton Park Hotel Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Pokolbin