Lowest prices for your stay
AU$369
Breakfast included
No prepayment needed
AU$369
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
All reviews hunter valley fire pit guest house year anniversary enjoyable stay accommodation kangaroos fires weekend luxury wine venue region
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 October 2023

We were dissapointed in our rooms very small especially the bathrooms for the amount we paid. The surroundings were very pleasant plus bar etc. but compared to kirkton
House rooms are much larger and also very pleasant surroundings.

Room tip: Check size of room or go to kirkton house great value
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Anna Genovese, Guest Services / Front Office at Spicers Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2023

Dear Maz,

Thank you for your time in writing us a review.

We are sorry to hear you did not feel you had enough space in your room. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we have different room types at Spicers Guesthouse, including Suites and the Cottage with plenty of room.

Feel free to contact us directly next time you are in the Hunter Valley and we'll help you choose the best available accommodation for your needs.

Regards,
Anna
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2023

We had a son's wedding there and we stayed for 2 nights.

I would like to congratulate all the staff at Spicers for their exceptional customer service, they were friendly, helpful, always had a smile and nothing was a problem all the time around the whole weekend, not just on the wedding day. a few special mentions to Rachel especially she not only worked during the whole wedding but also the next day at our recovery breakfast & everything was run very efficiently which made our day. Also, Maisie, Abbie in restaurant and all the restaurant & kitchen/bar staff & Phillip (at the front desk). The house keeping staff who were great especially near room 28 my son's room where we were having photos before the wedding ceremony, Not only were all staff fantastic with my family but all of our guests (120 guests a the wedding) and approx 60 staying at the hotel could not speak highly enough of all the staff who were very accommodating.

A memorable moment was Phillip at the front desk was always so friendly & helpful. But he also remembered us always when we crossed paths and advising other staff members that we were the groom's parents. Which was lovely, thank you

Everyone was amazing, I have no complaints or other feedback to improve as the quality of employees you currently have is impeccable.

Room tip: if you want more space in the rooms, my son had room 28 for his wedding weekend and it was not only lovely but very spacious
Date of stay: August 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Duty Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Spicers Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2023

Thankyou for taking the time to leave your detailed feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you and your guests have had an exceptional experience with us here at Guesthouse.

I can assure you that your feedback has been passed on to Rachel, Maisie, Abbie, Phillip and the staff involved. It was our pleasure to host you on such a special occasion.

Reviewed 19 August 2023

This is a lovely place for a short break. Friendly service, gorgeous premises, fresh rooms. Our king room had everything we needed, but we found it very tiny and felt a little constricted. Overall, It a good place for a night or two, especially if you are planning to spend most of the time outside exploring.
Our breakfast was included and it was excellent. The restaurant is very good for dinner as well.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Duty Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Spicers Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2023

Thankyou for taking the time to leave your detailed review Lisa.

I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and your time in the Hunter Valley.

Reviewed 19 August 2023

Such a fantastic location. Luxurious. Soft pillows. Great room. Lovely accomodating service for children. Yummy breakfast, though I would’ve preferred a buffet. Lovely grounds which make you not want to leave them.

Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thankyou for your 5 star review SD. I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed our offering and your experience here at Guesthouse.

Reviewed 12 July 2023

Having stayed at numerous Spicers before, I have to say this was one of the best experiences.

Background: GD is living in Maitland, so I stayed one night at hers to be "mum" clean the house, do some meal prep etc while she visited her husband in Sydney. Friends were going to be in the valley for a few days and I had suggested the Spicers to them. I had been driven around the week before by my daughter so I was desi-driver.

Arrival: I completed the online check in, and when I arrived at reception at 10am they were friendly and told me my room number, explaining that they would ring when the room was ready. There was no negativity at all. My friends collected, we head out for a day of tasting.

Check In: Swift efficient and friendly. All facilities clearly explained and shown to me and an offer of booking for dinner, more on that later.

Room: Valley Wing 6, caused a bit of a laugh as my friends used to live in Singapore and I would traditionally stay in the Valley Wing at the Shangri La. Spacious, bright ground level floor, opening glass door, lounge in the room and outside the door overlooking the garden. Nice view of duck pond/dam. If staying for multiple days, storage may have been an issue and the bathroom was perfectly suited to one. Sleep quality, excellent. I was actually very happy to be away from the hustle and bustle of the Hunter Wing. Only issue would be in horrible weather as it is a little walk to the reception/main area. Easy to live with IMHO.

Food (and drink): We had eaten quite a bit during the day so we opted for a few bottles of wine by the fireplace in the lounge and pizza and salad. Salad is not on the bar menu. but hey presto. Ask and ye shall receive. I have to say the pizza was the best I have had in a very long time.
Breakfast was not included in my package, as a couple definitely worth while. Solo cost was $35, no buffet = winner. Juice, Pastry, Barista Coffee and a choice from the cafe style menu. My green bowl was perfect. Once again they will tweak the offering. The absence of a buffet made it a relaxing atmosphere.
Only one disappointment with the dining, I didn't get to eat at eRemo for dinner. Never mind, makes a good reason to return.

Facilities: Forgot the swimmers but the heated pool and spa are beautifully set out and yes the water was warm. The lounge area is not huge so can be difficult to find a seat if you arrive during a peak time. TBH I thought initially that 2 sets of seating for 7-8 was a silly idea, but it actually gave more of a guest house feel as people shared the seating and conversed with one another. The outside terrace area would be perfect at a different time of year. There was also a small lounge area outside my room in the foyer area.

Check Out: Quick and efficient.

Return: Definitely

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Anna Genovese, Guest Services / Front Office at Spicers Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2023

Dear GurusW,

Thank you for choosing Spicers Guesthouse for your getaway in the Hunter Valley and for taking the time to review your stay in such detail.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, from the check-in time to the check-out and all the facilities we offer in between.

We can't wait to have you again amongst our special guests next time you are in the Valley.