1,404 results
All reviews golf course playing golf three bedroom the golden door spa bedroom apartment courtesy bus beautiful resort buffet breakfast girls weekend full kitchen tennis courts another couple recommend this resort self contained long weekend mid week great weekend
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Loved our stay, view and customer service. Cozy apartment perfect for our family of 4. Convenient bus picks you up to take you to breakfast and dinner and back to our cottage. Will be back for another stay. Bed was a bit too hard for my liking though.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CypressLakes, General Manager at Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Good morning,
So pleased you and your family enjoyed your time with us here in Hunter Valley Wine Country.
We all look forward to welcoming you in on your retrun stay.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at Cypress Lakes. We stayed in one of the villas that apparently have been refurbished but it was lovely for the price, even if it was completely modernised. The setting was beautiful, the staff both at reception and the bar and bistro were great. We ate dinner twice in the bistro and both times was quite lovely. First was a couple of antipasto and cheese platters, which were so generous we needed to take it back to our room. The second was the pork belly which was beautiful. Wine was a little pricey by the glass and bottle, but that was fine. Will definitely go again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello,
Thank you so much.

Wine lists are always fun to put together. Respect the comments on the pricing of our wines but will offer a little commentary on the thought process...

We are proudly one of the larger wine tourism operators in the Hunter Valley and respect our obligations to support our local industry. As such, make conscious decision to sell, almost exclusively, wines from our neighbours. We have also looked to highlight wines with a story; legends, families of Wine Country and the new comers looking to create their own legacy in the region. our intent is to simply spark imagination of our guests to explore the wine trails and cellar doors; leaving with great memories and ever greater bottles of wine.

In appreciation of the opportunity to respond here,

Reviewed 31 July 2018

great weekend, would not stay at the oaks Cypress lakes resort again, we had a very expensive iron, stolen from our room, very disappointed with management for not being very willing to help, we will not be recommending the Oaks to friends , family or work colleges.

Good morning Steven

We have obviously fallen well short of your expectations and for this I am sorry. I have followed up with my Hotel Manager whom I understand was assisting in the address of your iron. Likewise I have also addressed with both housekeeping cleaners and the supervisor who attended the departure clean (and daily service). All involved certainly willing to assist further with any police enquiry to investigate such a claim. Your comments and stated intentions are respected. The obvious impact to your stay regrettable but I can only assure you that over the year I have been at the property we have had no issue of stolen guest property by our staff.

General Manager, Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

My partner and I spent a lovely romantic weekend at the oaks. Lovely surrounding and beautiful villa.

We originally booked a 1 bedroom villa and when we checked in we quickly realized we were upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa with a kitchen, so that was quiet nice. The villa amenities were great, basically had all the essentials you needed. Staff was prompted and friendly when requested for TV cables like HDMI, and other small amenities. The shower ans bath were a bit cramped but it wasnt too much of an issue. The TV is a bit outdated and small for such a large living room, but we just pushed the couch closer to the TV.

We also bought daily breakfast, staff was nice and friendly at the resturant. The food wasnt amazing but I dont expect much from a hotel morning buffet. Had the usual bacon egg sausages, fruits, cereal and pastries. The barista coffee at the venue was a bit disappointing, very slow service and tastes like flavoured water, but the friendly staff overrides the bad quality.

Lastly, very interesting/ funny/ creepy experience that we had. So from understanding a villa is spilt level having 1 resident upstairs and the other resident being downstairs. We checked in on the fri and checked out on the mon, we stayed in the villa for most of our stay on sat and sun. On the Saturday we did hear the other residents from downstairs walking around the villa with shoes heels/ boots, half the villa had timber floor boards, so it was quite loud, we were also able to hear a lady talking. On sun night around 130-2 am, my partner once again heard these same footsteps pacing back and forth the villa for a good 5 mins, not thinking much of it as he thought it was only the residence downstairs. He just checked the locks and went back to sleep. The next morning as We were discussing what had happened that night we thought we would ask reception if anyone was in the same villa during our stay juat to calm our nerves. Reception told us a couple did stay Saturday night but had checked out on Sunday. So essentially no one but my partner and i were in that villa on the Sunday night. After knowing the fact we were a bit creeped out from what had happened. But overall good stay, honestly would stay there again haha

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Good morning Carmen,

OK, that was not was I was expecting to read when attending to reviews this morning. Entrepreneurial side of my brain momentarily off in a direction considering business models for ghost tourism, fortunately, that passed - best we stick with Wine Tourism.
More seriously, so sorry we spooked you both. I'm sure there is rationality behind it but perhaps I'll just leave that be.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and the rest of the resort. Albeit I'm really disappointed to hear of your coffee experience after much investment in having all staff trained externally in addition to the services provided by our supplier. You are encouraged by me personally to challenge any staff, any time on coffee.

Look forward to welcoming you in again
Kind regards
Niel

Reviewed 29 July 2018

I have already indicated the disappointment of the fireplace and the wifi not working properly.
I think it was still a lot of money to stay for one night for one of the TV remote not doing the job, the pillows were uncomfortable and the doona was too hot...

1  Thank akim726062

Good morning,
I am sorry for any maintenance oversight and that we fell short of your overall expectations.
Your review and comments here noted and respected.