“Verandah Restaurant”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2012

A beautiful location with great views from the verandah. The food is very good and the cellar door also.

2  Thank Margaret H

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I was just arriving at the restaurant at 6pm when I dashed out to take this amazing shot. The view was spectacular!
We were looked after by two very attentive waitresses which was only surpassed by the fabulous tapas.
We both decided that the soft shell crab with chipotle aioli and the peking duck pancakes were the two highlight dishes followed by their amazing tapas dessert tasting plate. YUMMY! We will most definitely be returning, many thanks to Alex and Shaz. (:

2  Thank dezoh4376
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We needed a light lunch with a lovely outlook during our last visit to the Hunter and a stop at the Verandah Restaurant fitted the bill very well. Add a glass of their bubbly to the experience, together with friendly staff and lovely tapas options and enjoy your lunch!

2  Thank the_stoddarts
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Wow, this was a highlight to our Hunter Valley trip. We started with tasting wine @ the cellar door downstairs & moved upstairs on a glorious day for lunch.

The service was so very friendly & efficient. Staff attended to us very quickly & we didn't even look @ the menu because we'd read about the Tapas Tower which is the house specialty.

@ $80 for 2 people there is plenty of food & we certainly couldn't get through it all. The tower included dips crisp flat bread, rocket salad, squid, pork belly, chorizo & so much more.

The quality & the variety of the tapas served was fantastic. The chef spoke with us when we paid our bill & was extremely friendly & humbled by our thanks & appreciation.

As an extra point to note I left my handbag behind & the staff found it & put it away safely for me until I could return.

Great service, lovely staff, amazing food, value for money & honesty from the restaurant & the staff. What more can I say but THANK-YOU. We deffinatley will be back.

2  Thank WantT0TravelM0re
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I booked this restaurant for a party of 8 friends visiting from Brisbane on the first Sunday of March, however the owner called back to say he forgot it was locals night - was that OK. It's a set menu for $50 with a tasting from a local winery.

Was it OK?

It was fantastic.

We had a vegetarian, a coeliac and a pregnant woman in our party and they did their utmost to accommodate all of our requirements. The staff were very professional and friendly and the setting was beautiful.

The food was very impressive with a theme of 'Tastes of the Ocean'.

I would certainly go back - if I lived there in the Hunter I would be there all of the time!

Thanks Matt and staff for a great night.