“Great Date Night Dinner”

Goldfish Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 67 Restaurants in Pokolbin
Price range: AU$18 - AU$34
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Goldfish Bar & Restaurant is located at one of the Hunter's most iconic winery complexes - Roche Estate. Goldfish Bar & Restaurant Hunter Valley, provides an international pizza & food menu coupled with an exclusive beverage offering, including an award-winning cocktail list and new and old world wines.
Reviewed 28 February 2024

We went here tonight looking for somewhere to eat where my husband with his medical dietary requirements could be catered for. They didn't disappoint, our waitress was amazing, she made sure my husband had options and went above and beyond.

We had the corn ribs, garlic foccacia, vegetable stack and steak. It was beautiful food.

I had two amazing specialised cocktails and my husband a mocktail.

Highly recommend

Date of visit: February 2024

Reviewed 22 January 2024 via mobile

The moment you walk in you know that this experience is going to be a great one. We had cocktails here and the staff were very knowledgeable on so many cocktails that they made and catered for us. We stayed a few hours and then had dinner which was also great food. The ambience and setting of this restaurant is fantastic
Well done

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 28 November 2023 via mobile

The vibes, the cocktails, the food, the service… I can’t fault the place. Absolutely LOVED the jazz band. Will definitely be back

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 3 November 2023

We are relatively local and have been going to Goldfish Bar for the last 6 years. Sadly on our last two visits the food was disappointing.
On our last visit we found the staff manager to be unfriendly. Overall the staff were difficult to get hold of. Seemed like they were not interested in service.
I hope they can improve on this because we really like the venue and would like to return.

Date of visit: September 2023
Reviewed 2 September 2023

The food in my humble experience was not fresh!
The sauce was too thick. The lime on the plate was dry and the skin was old and wrinkly. The prawns were almost certainly frozen before cooked and had no flavour and not seasoned. The waitress was abominable, rude and did not provide the level of service you would expect particularly for a table of 11. I think this restaurant needs Gordon to come in and sort them out! I was going to go there with my husband but not now.

Date of visit: August 2023
Kerry Harman, Owner at Goldfish Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2023

Hey,
Thank you for your review. Could I please get you to send me an email on functions@thegoldfish.com.au to discuss further. Thank you