All reviews bedroom cottage self contained full kitchen breakfast basket pepper tree hunter valley would definitely stay here again great place to stay bbq kangaroos property bush accommodation circa heating deck
Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

Sadly I’m going to give 1 Star to Twin Tree Country Cottages.

We had drama booking and that should of been my sign to run for the hills but accomodation was limited where we could get two cabins at same place, so my sister in law and I stuck to booking here, we arrived on Saturday 30th June 2018 went to office to collect key / pay, Got my key for my room then to be told “oh your air con doesn’t work we have given you a bar heater and you have electric blankets you should be right” with this lady knowing I had my newborn premature twins with me and my 4 year old, I had mentioned when booking and re- mentioned when I was told about broken air conditioner... no offer of another room....
we drove to our Cabin which was freezing when walking in and had a horrible smell to it, turned the bar heater on which did nothing....
having to sit with our newborns on us under blankets while just trying to watch tv and trying to settle them as it was too cold for them.

The shower head was broken didn’t stay up, we got 2 five minute showers and our hot water was very minimal, to have a warm shower don’t the cold tap cause the hot water isn’t hot at all!!

1 room had dirty tissues behind the bed head...

Electric blankets in main room weren’t even plugged in, you would have to move the whole bed to plug them in and have a choice between a lamp / clock or heated blanket where there should be a simple power board so people can also plug in a phone charger.

Coffee machine was missing just a users Manuel...

Other cottage our family had there was hair in the bathroom and no kitchen tea towels.

I have emailed photos and given a chance for an apology / comments but no reply to my emails. I mentioned to the man on checkout who said “oh I’ll look into the air con” well thanks for making us freeze and now I have sick premature babies and 4 year old! �

Sadly Our families won’t be back the next time we are up in the Hunter Valley.

I understand it was a country lodge but personally expected more for the rating it’s got on bookings and other rating sites.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca s
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

People were very friendly, the cabins were self contained. Location was amazing, walking distance to pepper tree and Circa 1876 where we had dinner which was amazing. The cabins are clean, private and had everything you require with a few added extras like a BBQ and pod coffee machine which was a nice touch.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ekershaw2018
Management response:Responded 6 July 2018

Thank you and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Quiet place to get away for couple days. Originally booked here for Niel Diamond (he canceled due to illness) gave option to cancel booking but kept it, and upgraded room/cottage which was good.

Breakfast basket in frige was also good, lasted both mornings if stay. Saved eating breakfast out.

Down side no Wifi, couldnt use laptop, but didnt matter.

Very close to everything as well.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank S_Bariss
Management response:Responded 8 April 2018

Thank you for your comments we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking into getting Wifi. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast basket.
Hope to see you again

Regards,

Twin Trees Country Cottages

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This was our second stay at Twin Trees, and we liked it just as much as the first. We were in cabin 10 this time - a 2 bedroom even though there was only 2 of us. The 2nd bedroom had been locked off which was fine. There is a cabin only about 30 feet from this one - have to be one of the closest cabins together on the property i think. even so, it was still very quiet with a couple staying in that cabin. Last time we were in cabin 7, which was on its own with the next cabin about 50 metres away. The grounds were very dry and brown, as there has been no rain in this area for months. With tank water you can only do so much though. There was still a few families of kangaroos around the place.

The cabin itself was very clean and homey. After checking in at the office you are on your own until check-out. So if you need someone to make your bed, this isn't the place for you. With a full kitchen you can eat in or eat out. The complementary breakfast basket is a treat. Having been here before we knew what to expect, so took a little fruit and cheese to supplement this, and had a great afternoon on the deck listening to nature and relaxing. There is a bbq on the deck as well. On the Sunday morning, going to cook our hot breakfast, we found we were out of gas. But the owner / manager was down in a few minutes and replaced the gas bottle. Very friendly, and nothing a bother.

Would recommend staying here - you could be 100 miles out in the bush, but are just tucked away from the main drag in Pokolbin, and only minutes to anywhere. The only sound you really here is the small planes taking off from over the hill. And even that isn't much.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great central location, accommodation very clean with beautiful surroundings, nice cabins spaced well apart so you are not on top of each other. Sit on the deck and watch the kangaroos. We would stay here again without a doubt!

Date of stay: October 2017