All reviews royal carriage great weekend marie concert wineries kangaroos
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Whilst not something I would do all the time, it is different. We were here in June, very cold - you need the fire on - we had enough timber supplied for an early evening, but had to go collecting again for the morning fire. The rooms are cold, however the doona was quite thick so we were all warm. The shower had intermittent hot water - not fabulous for a June morning. We did not utilise the facilities too much - except the kettle and the fire, so not sure if everything else worked. It definitely needs a makeover, but it is different. Check all reviews and photos so you know what to expect. I don't think I would stay again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Under no circumstances ever stay here, even if it’s free and you need shelter, a tent would smash this place on any criteria. Curled up in a public toilet in a truck stop would be on parr and that’s cheaper. Zero stars!

“Wilderness Emersion training.” (Several people badly bitten by mosquitos and spiders in the bedrooms. )

Get balance back in your life (the converted train carraige was on a serious lean. We had to stick tape the fridge shut, And a pot of hot water almost slid off the stove due to the gradient. Seriously dangerous.

“Appreciate the simple things.” (Sleeps 12, fits 6, no doors to beds rooms, no dishwasher, no kitchen bench/ occasional hot water )

I suspect it’s possible that all other reviews of this place are fake, nobody in my opinion could give it above 1 stars unless they owned it or were friends of the owner. we left a day early to go home and get a decent night sleep.

If I could rate it lower than 1, I would. We will report them to the tax office for refusing to give us a tax invoice because it infuriated Me that much that we were so badly scammed and I feel compelled to make the owners life as difficult as possible in repayment for the disservice.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank stevensheridan
wineblonde, Owner at krinklewood Cottage & Carriages, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

This is not worthy of a response it is so ridiculous. The person must have serious psychological problems to even write this. Tax invoice was supplied to the person who booked.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

The location is great and has lovely scenery but that's about it. The host came across very negative from the start and overloaded us with unesscary house rules... The cottage is cute and had a fire place but very dirty ... Cobwebs in every corner and wardrobes filled with layers of dust. Defiantly not the most friendliest host and was quite rude from the beginning.Just needs a good clean and better attitude.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Saanta1
wineblonde, Owner at krinklewood Cottage & Carriages, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

My goodness whyis it that these 10 young people, think that rules are not needed. I lit a lovely fire for them let them in early and we ran in and out for them as it was cold and kept the fire going while they went to the hotel for dinner. We always check everybody in with the same rules, essentially three - Dont drive over 10 km on driveways as we have horses,dogs, chickens free ranging and lots of guests. Please we buy all our water so would appreciate you not running it down the sink for no reason and rubbish please sort into bottles cans plastic in one bin and waste by itself. You must leave the place as clean as you found it. Now are they unreasonable?
I always believe Karma will get people who tell lies , the house was lovely and clean it is always housekeeper checked before they come in. They spilt wine in the bedroom, didnt read the message sent to them before they came, about what to bring, and complained because they had to leave it clean, disobeyed the rules and went to the spa late and took offense to me telling them it was dangerous as they had been drinking all day. Social media terriorists that fabricate stories without any thought of the hard work people put into their small business ,however,I am sure will come back to bite them one day.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We have stayed at Krinklewood no less than 8 times so far. mainly when there is a concert on. If you want a fantastic time with a laugh in such a novelty place - this is for you. Its not the Crown so really check out the pics as to what you are looking for but for us there is no place better. Ive taken so many friends up who didnt know each other and as soon as they step foot on Krinklewood there seems to be a common bond.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
wineblonde, Owner at krinklewood Cottage & Carriages, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Thanks Jade
Appreciate your business and always enjoy having you. Great guests.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I'm sorry but this place was not very nice at all. It didn't feel very clean yet she asked us to remove our shoes on entering the carriage. Woke up in the morning and myself and a friend had bites all over our face. Didn't feel safe as the doors didn't lock very well if at all. Places like this in the country should always have insect spray at hand.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank michaelhM8280CP
wineblonde, Owner at krinklewood Cottage & Carriages, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

What does not feel clean mean? because they got a mozzie bite?. I always tell people they are coming to the country to bring mozzie spray, why ignore advice from the host? , and they do actually have mozzie spray in the kitchen. Cannot help stupidity.
We have polished baths, floors, all linen comes from a top linen service , I ask people to remove their shoes when it is raining yes - because we are a clean establishment and do not want to have mud on the carpets. What sort of people do not remove shoes in the rain anyway.
Amazing and ungrateful I gave these people a larger carriage at no additional costs so they could all have their own beds , and be more comfortable (which they all used) as they had only booked two beds for four people. We are in the country in a safe environment and all the carriages lock , we just do not lock them up keys are all in doors or hanging on hooks in hallway.
Yes I object to comments like this the carriage is lovely inside and one of my most popular with lots of repeat business.