“Elude or not to Elude”

Wine Escape Room - Sutton Estate
Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Pokolbin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At the Wine Escape Room, we host real life escape games which are fun and engaging live action activities which take place in our specially designed room. Suited for small groups of 2-8 people, you and your team will be given a story that includes an objective, and you will only have 60 minutes to complete your mission and escape the room.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

As the title implies, it is a quandary as to whether anyone would want to escape from a wine tasting. So we compromised and maximised the full 60 minutest sparing only a few seconds. We took 3 friends that had no idea what to expect from an Escape Room and I am delighted to say that they were enthralled with the whole experience. Pip was a fantastic host and should be head hunted to gamesmaster at other venues. She injected real enthusiasm laced with an appropriate amount of satire.
It is always pleasing to see new twists on the traditional escape room theme and what a fitting tribute to incorporate the local success of the Hunter Valley region. We are already planing another trip to complete their other game, The Dare, an outdoor night time experience.

Date of experience: March 2018
Phillippa S, Owner at Wine Escape Room - Sutton Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hi Daz,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and thank you for playing The Wine Escape Room.

I'm so glad that you had a great time and enjoyed the experience. It was certainly fun to host.

I look forward to seeing you at The Dare - If you DARE to Elude?? hehehe

"girls weekend"
"all ages"
"day trip"

Reviewed 28 February 2018

The Escape Room was a blend of murder and wine theme.
I've done an escape room before but the Wine Escape Room excels in atmosphere and number of puzzles we had to solve!
As a couple we were against the clock given the lack of manpower but we did not feel feel forced/rushed when we were stuck and was given the chance to go overtime (even by almost 20mins!)
Although knowing wine does help in getting a higher score and even though we had no knowledge of it, they were very accommodating and made it extremely fun!

In addition, they just opened a new outdoor Escape Room so there's even more to look forward to!

I would definitely recommend the Wine Escape Room to anyone looking for a new experience in Hunter Valley.

Hi Steve,

Reviewed 28 February 2018

This is a must-do if you go to The Hunter Valley! My partner and I had a barrel-full of fun (haha) trying to gather all the clues and find a way to escape. This was my first Escape Room, my partner's second, and we struggled a bit between the two of us. Thankfully, our lovely hosts graciously allowed us a *bit* more time and gave us a bunch of clues so that we could get out with our heads intact!

The escape room is extremely well thought out, the music, little touches and details, and all the clues and hidden things were so clever! It was obvious from the get-go that our hosts are passionate about escape rooms and they made the experience fun - by the end we had our own little cheer squad! Thank you ladies for the memories, I hope to see you again sometime in the future!

Unfortunately the weather and timing was terrible during our stay so we didn't end up doing the bikes, but it will be on the to-do list for next time. Maybe by then we'll be game enough to try The DARE...?

Hi Cass,

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We were a little hesitant when we first arrived. But once the escape experience began we were hooked. Great puzzles with bonus wine tasting. We loved the atmosphere. Will definitely recommend to friends

Hi Melissa,