This house is truly beautiful. I stayed here with a group of friends for a weekend of wine tasting. It's within walking distance of all the amenities of The Vintage and very close to many, many wineries (some may say too many!!). There are 4 large bedrooms with very comfy beds. The house is extremely well equipped, especially the kitchen. So often I've been in holiday homes with 1 wine glass per person, 1 plate per person, etc. But I think this kitchen had more equipment in it than my own home! The spa is a great addition as well, especially after a day touring the wineries. A 10/10 stay and I can't wait to return.
This was our second time at 1OAK and we had an even better experience this time!
Things we loved:
- 4 proper bedrooms all with King Beds (which can be spilt into single beds).
- 3 bathrooms (2 ensuites which are huge)
- Fully equipped kitchen which is really important to us as we cooked a lot of our meals
- heated outdoor hot tub which was perfect for after wine tasting
- amazing location - right in the middle of the wineries and restaurants
- nespresso machine
- great furniture with plenty of seating for everyone
- indoor and outdoor dining tables
- the owner was great to deal with
There were 8 of us in the group and the house had everything that you'd expect from a 5 star rental property.
We can't wait to book our next weekend away here!
We rented 1OAK for a weekend getaway from Sydney with 3 other couples. It is the best house we have rented in the Hunter Valley wine region (and we've rented over 20 homes in the last 5 years).
Things we loved:
1. The house is located in the Vintage complex so it is only minutes drive from many or the wineries and concert venues. The house is on a corner block overlooking the vineyards from a neighbouring property and it is stunning.
2. Each of the 4 bedrooms had king beds that could also be made into single beds.
3. There were three full bathrooms (which made it much easier with 8 adults).
4. Amazing gourmet kitchen which was fully stocked (including a nespresso machine (with pods included), high quality cookware and plenty of pantry staples).
5. Beautiful furnishings! This really differentiated the house from others we have rented. The owners have clearly taken the time to furnish the house and have done so to the highest standard.
6. There were two separate living spaces (one a media room).
7. HEATED JACUZZI!! We absolutely loved this feature and used it both nights.
The owners were very responsive with communications and they provided some great suggestions for restaurants and wineries. Thanks for recommending Ivanhoe wines and Bistro Molines!!
Can't wait to return in 2017 for our first concert weekend!
Nestled alongside the Greg Norman designed Vintage Golf Course, you could not ask for anything more from this beautiful property. From its stylish modern interior to the amazing views of the vineyards from the outdoor hot tub, this home delivers on all fronts. A perfect location, walking distance to the Golf Club and only a stones throw from away from the Hunter Valley Gardens plus some of the best vineyards in the region (Scarborough is a must!). We're already planning our next visit and there's nowhere else we'd stay. Thank You!! :-)