“Delicious modern menu..Great service”
Review of Ikon

Ikon
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Parkes
Price range: USD 9 - USD 37
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An exciting and contemporary new dining option in the central west of NSW. The décor at IKON will truly blow your mind. Spoil yourself with modern Australian cuisine in a classic yet contemporary 'atmospheric' environment. Also enjoy a cold beer with various tap beers to select from, a mouth tingling cocktail or choose from our extensive wine list which showcases some of the regions finest wine varieties. We are open for dinner from 6.00pm Monday to Saturday with a special menu of delicious dishes made with the best, freshest ingredients for sharp, clean flavours that are sure to satisfy. Our wine bar opens for the Happiest of Hours from 4pm to 6pm. Our mission is to provide a superior local dining experience to locals, guests, and tourists alike that will set us apart from other restaurants in the Parkes area.
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We ate at IKON recently and loved it , the menu was modern, fresh and delicious, something parkes has been wanting for a longtime .So good we had mains as well as desserts something I don't often do !. The service was great, i believe our waitress name was Kim, she was friendly and attentive to our every need. We will definitely return to IKON .

Date of visit: March 2014
Write a reviewReviews (118)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

A group of people from town who were there on sat 8 march this year who pre-ordered their meals. One table of 6 had two steaks sent back not cooked to the order and another table of 6 had orders delivered after 9.15 and another table saw lamb racks trying to jump off the plate and the other people said they wanted theirs cooked more than what that was. Table of 6 were offered drinks for the stuff up. first table of six were offered a dessert that was not pre-ordered and other people who went there with this group did not want to say anything at the time. A couple went up to pay their bill and they were charged more than the pre-ordered price. Entrees were presented well and tasted ok. That was all that was good about the meals. Price wise we could have done better at home.

Date of visit: March 2014
1  Thank carrot181
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was looking forward to eating here after reading the mostly positive reviews. I had the lime infused chicken. I also ordered the "hand cut" chips on the side. The large chicken breast was tough and I could not taste any infused lime. (There were lime and mango pieces offered separately on the plate.) As far as I could see, the salad had only 2 small pieces of apple but was otherwise okay. I tried several of the small bucket of chips and they were rubbery. After finally getting the waiter's attention, they were taken away. They came back, browner, soaked in oil and still rubbery. By the time they returned I had mostly finished my main. I was then still charged the $8 for the privilege! (I think that there were only 2 other couples dining that night...) Very disappointing.

1  Thank TaldoraTraveler
Reviewed 31 January 2014

It's stylish but relaxed, the food is excellent but not overpriced, the wine list is surprisingly good and the staff are friendly, responsive and willing to have a go at making a new cocktail they've never made before. Why would you eat anywhere else in Parkes?! I had prawns that I couldn't stop raving about and my partner had stuffed mushrooms that she still dreams about. Try the Tasting Plate C - it's amazing. We will definitely be going back.

1  Thank RodJohnButler
Reviewed 26 January 2014

A group of us came to Ikon for dinner & we all agreed that none of us have ever been happier with service, ANYWHERE!!!
The food was fabulous & the staff, there was nothing that they wouldn't do for us. It was probably the best dining experience I have ever had!
Well done Ikon & well done Hotel Gracelands!

1  Thank bigmummarach