All reviews hungry jacks shopping centre across the road studio apartment bbq area large tv fully equipped kitchen john hunter hospital broom pets wi pub
Reviewed 30 August 2018

Jesmond Villas did the job. I got a comfortable bed, a quiet night and so the sleep I needed. BUT:
I like an efficient check in but Jesmond was abrupt no - just downright rude. I stood for about 3 minutes in the middle of the small reception unacknowledged while the 3 staff chatted to each other. Finally one male called me over established that I'd booked and paid for a room then demanded my credit card and licence. These were snatched away and photocopied onto the same sheet of paper - a security risk. He confirmed my phone number then wordlessly handed me a couple of pieces of paper and resumed ignoring me. Apparently the check-in was over. To save face I turned and stepped outside to examine the papers hopping that everything I needed to know, like which room and how to get access would be revealed. I found the room and at the door was a PIN pad. The PIN I needed however was not listed anywhere. Now very irritated I returned to reception and asked for the PIN number to access the room. I was told that it had been texted to my phone. I retorted that I didn't have my phone right now and that I'd like him to tell me. When I checked much later the text had never arrived.
The so called apartment while having a kitchenette with sufficient equipment for some rudimentary cooking had no chair. There really wasn't space for one. The only place to sit and eat or read or watch TV therefore was on the sagging bed. I didn't mind small but no chair at all was ridiculous.
On the day the location for me excellent. Had I paid a little more I might have got a chair and the space to sit on it. It is not not that bad a place to stay. Other recent reviews reveal that the rude and completely unhelpful reception I received is standard fare. If the owners of this business can afford to allow this to go on then there is a fabulous opportunity here to open a competing establishment.
If you are considering staying here steel yourself for the treatment, demand what you've paid and you'll be OK!

Room tip: Ask to see it first.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Rude incompetent staff with absolutely no customer service skills and just ignore complaints after incorrectly harassing customers. Do not stay here or at their other properties. Disgusting behaviour from staff and cleaners

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kristy79s
Reviewed 7 August 2018

i have booked a room to stay in knowing it was great to stay in , i rang to confirm & was treated so badly by the male who answered the phone , he was aggressive & said he cant talk because he was going home, he didnt want to talk to me & said i better speak to who i booked it through, i was so disgusted in this & said good night after asking him to calm down, i rang back 3 mins later & got the same male, he told me he wasnt going to answer anything else & he was going to hang up on me, he hung up on me , i asked for his name & he told me it was pointless ,im in a retail industry as well in sydney, im so disgusted in the way i was treated , i felt disrespected & humiliated after booking a room & just trying to confirm that the room was approved, SO DISSAPIONTED, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

Room tip: Speak to a person who cares
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this establishment last weekend with our little dog. We booked over a month in advance and specifically asked for a pet friendly 1 bedroom apartment. We chose this apartment after seeing the photos online. However when we arrived we were told that we needed to book a pet friendly apartment and would need to pay an extra $20 per night. We were also told that we had been upgraded to a spa bath room. Well one would think that an upgrade meant the room would be better than the one we originally booked. How very wrong we were.

After travelling for 6 hours we were looking forward to having a rest in our upgraded room. Low and behold we open the front door to a couch in the doorway. The room was so small we could hardly maneuver around the room with our luggage. The room was half the size of the one we had booked. The spa bath upgrade im afraid was not that at all. Im assuming they had double booked our original room and the garage up the back of the property was the only one left. At $300 for the 2 nights you can imagine we were not impressed. No space for us or our dog. It felt like we were staying in a shoebox. There wasnt even a window to look out of. How is this considered pet friendly???

I am absolutely appauled at the lack of customer service that we received. I work in the hospitality industry and would never treat a customer this way. It was clearly a mistake made by this establishment, but instead of apologizing and trying to fix the error we were made to believe that we had booked the wrong room. Shame on you! We were so looking forward to a romantic getaway to my husband's home town which he hadn't seen in over 10 years. We will not be back. What a complete joke and waste of money!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

The budget pet accomodation room we booked was quite spacious and accomodating for ourselves and a large breed dog. The apartment had everything you would need for a short stay, the only downside to this apartment is that is was very close to the main road and busy traffic could be heard all night. If your a light sleeper then this would be a problem.

Room tip: Pet friendly accomodation located on a busy road and traffic could be heard all night.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bs42017
Newcastle_Apartments, Manager at Jesmond Executive Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you. We're glad everything was satisfactory. As pet owners ourselves we know it can be hard to find great accommodation that we can have our dog stay with us at and so keep multiple rooms configured and styled to ensure they are suitable for pets to stay.