“Nice big glass of wine!”
Review of Chophouse Grill

Chophouse Grill
Ranked #108 of 817 Restaurants in Newcastle
Price range: AU$18 - AU$44
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Rib eye cooked for 18 hours in a smokey marinade, then gently grilled to order, might just be the best cut of meat you will eat in your life. At Chophouse the signature Blackened Slow Cooked Rib Eye is incredibly popular because it is incredibly good. The slow cooking process makes the steak as soft as butter and busting with flavour. It is just one feature on an outstanding menu of hearty meal options including six varieties of steaks, ribs, burgers and plenty of tasty options for the whole family. Chophouse is an authentic steak house in New Lambton. Before you begin your dining experience you can view cuts of meat hanging in a chilled display area adjacent to the kitchen. From here you can also watch the chefs at work, stoking the wood fire and cooking steaks to perfection. The classy restaurant brings a touch of rural to the city, with timber features and cowhide chairs to welcome guests. There are a large variety of beers and wines to accompany whatever amazing meal you choose.
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Had the eye fillet and extra large glass of red. Very happy with the meal and the service was great too.

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed 11 August 2015

This is my 3rd visit and if I could I would eat hear every week. The manager Kiefer is so knowledgeable and makes you feel like royalty. I can't go past the 18hr slow cooked steak, it is just perfect. They have a new dessert the banana brûlée that was to die for. If you love your steaks then Chophouse is for you. The staff are all friendly and go out of their way to give you a great night. The wine list seems to get bigger with every visit, which is great but sooooo much choice.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Medium rare arrived rare/blue/stone cold in the middle, sent it back and they kindly offered to put back on the grill(totally gross), bought it back with fresh sides and wrong sauce, took it back again, correct sauce this time and a really well done steak. When I tried to discus with the waiter I was rudely told to have another glass of wine. I Paid $38 for a terrible steak, chips and beans and attitude.
When I questioned the cooking I was told they had a new supplier of meat, really!!!!
I have been here numerous times before but will not be returning.

Date of visit: July 2015
1  Thank LucyCha
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

I went here for dinner and had the ribs and chicken wing combo. They were the best ribs that I've ever had. It was a special so it it was lamb ribs. It was perfectly cooked that the meat fell off the bone. Amazing flavours. Reasonably priced. The staff were really friendly.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

Steak was a great cut of meat and cooked exactly as we had requested.

Service was great, we were the only people there though.

Definitely 100% better than what we expected from a restaurant inside a club.