“Best dessert I have ever had”
Review of Mason

Mason
Ranked #12 of 596 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2015

My partner and I went out for a romantic dinner and we were not disappointed. We had the 5 course tasting menu. I chose the vegetarian option and my partner chose the standard menu. We both cleaned our plates after each dish. The food was delicious and the service fantastic. We had the sago dessert and it was amazing. I want to go back again just for the dessert.

1  Thank 191kiara

Reviewed 21 February 2015

We felt a little like we were in France with a view to the trees and umbrellas outside, along with a light misty rain.The restaurant filled quickly on the Friday night but the staff still maintained their efficient and friendly service. You could not fault the presentation of the food. What is apparent, though, as in other restaurants, the serving sizes are uneven between main dish selections. We found the atmosphere elegant but quite relaxed.

1  Thank Lesley1209
Reviewed 18 February 2015

Our absolute favourite restaurant in Newcastle, never fails to impress! Divine food, impeccable service and lovely ambience

Reviewed 18 February 2015

Restaurant Mason is my very favourite restaurant in Newcastle but, more importantly, it's also one of the best I've tried worldwide. It wins on every front - food is superb, service is a perfect blend of friendly & efficient, and the space is relaxed but elegant. I have recommended Restaurant Mason to many, many people and I've never heard of anyone being disappointed. I'm just glad that it's in my home town!

3  Thank PrincessInTransit
Reviewed 17 February 2015

If you're after a wonderful experience, go here. We discovered Masons via an 'epicurean adventure' (fun walking food tour through the east end). What a find. The food was so delicious we went back the week after the tour.

The goats cheese tortellini.....sooooo good!

The wine list is great. And the service is personal, warm and prompt.

It's just a lovely place to dine. I highly recommend it.

2  Thank Theeastendmermaid