“Streak, steak, STEAK!!!!”

Ranked #21 of 590 Restaurants in Newcastle
Price range: USD 14 - USD 34
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hidden away in the back streets of Merewether, The Restaurant at The Burwood is a bit of a local secret. With a three schooner rating from the Sydney Morning Herald Pub food guide, the restaurant is proud to be recognised as one of the top pub restaurants in the state. Known for our great steaks, The Restaurant at The Burwood Inn offers modern Australian cuisine and traditional pub favourites. Open for lunch and dinner daily. Bookings recommended.
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

No need to say more; they know there steak and they serve it up the way you ask. Enough variety to choose from and what a great options for 'sauces'! Not your standard pepper, mushroom or gravy stuff but very tasty ones like truffle butter and lovely veggies to go with.
Can't go wrong!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Very impressed by my meal with The Burwood. Visited recently with two of my closest friend for a catch up and to try the burwood. The food in kind of american influenced with a lot of braised meats / grilled meats. The food was delicious and they really have found a good balance of tradition and trendy cooking. The staff were very fun and join in on our table banter which was really great. I have the Lamb Shoulder which I would recommend to all meat lovers.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Good food, nice menu range and ambient atmosphere with good lighting and acoustics. Staff were very friendly and helpful, in particular with our young kids. Everyone was satisfied with their meals, with most raving about how nice their meal was

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Had a craving for a nice steak on this visit to Newcastle, and all the reviews on Tripadvisor no other sited pointed me to this restaurant. And thankfully I followed the review as they were spot on!

The restaurant itself is casual and low key, at the back of the pub, but the staff were professional, friendly and very attentive. So far so good, but the best was yet to come.

I ordered the 400g rib-eye on the bone, rare. It was cooked to perfection, magnificently tender and simply delicious.

I would come back to Newcastle just to have another one of these steaks! Highly recommended.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and i eat at the Burwood regularly. Tonight we took my ma in law and utterly disappointed. Pate entree was outstanding and we all enjoyed but main course was beyond disappointing. Ma in law and i ordered prawns and gnocchi 3 prawns on each and would not conplain except gnocchi was so stodgy it wasn't edible. Waitress came to check on meal and we did not complain- our fault. At end of meal offered free coffee to compensate. We were just disappointed- usually such high standard of food :/