“Great little bar in Newcastle”
Review of Bar Petite

Bar Petite
Ranked #74 of 653 Restaurants in Newcastle
Price range: USD 7 - USD 26
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Bar Petite is Newcastle's original tapas lounge bar. Nestled under the Novotel in King Street's Royal Plaza, Bar Petite is quaint, intimate, and distinctively unique among Newcastle's Bars. Our Rustic, French-boutique style is warm and comfortable and was designed to be the perfect place for locals to unwind and enjoy the delectable indulgences of great music, food, wine & cocktails.
Reviewed 12 July 2018

This is a friendly little bar with great cocktails and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The food is good and its a great place to catch up with friends for a chat and drink.

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Delicious gluten free menu
Friendly atmosphere
Great bar service
Bespoke cocktails
Live music and dancing!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Decided to try on Sunday night for a light meal....... we ordered four dishes between the three of us and must say that was enough food for us .. Chicken fingers were great squid was cooked well but must say a very poor amount in the serve .. lots of lettuce but small
Amount of squid . Next the arancini balls were a delight light hot and crispy . And one more dish all
Were well cooked and arrived fairly quick after ordering. The bat itself is furnished in old furniture that I find too low and rather uncomfortable ( but maybe to
Young people ok ) Good selection of wines and beers , so do try if you are up the top end of the city .
...

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited here for a couple of light meals, which were tasty, so that was a plus. We were seated at a table and had table arrive when ordering food and drinks. Our waitress was lovely and helpful. Not long after she said her shift was ending but someone else will be taking over. 1 dish arrived, which was fine, then some time went by, no one returned to our table to say hey ur next plate will be over shortly would u like some more drinks. More time went by then the next plate arrived, and no offer of more drinks. We finished that, and more time went by, maybe 20mins after we had finished someone finally came over to take our plates, but by then I had had enough. It was busy, I’ll give them that, but I don’t think the service was good enough. I’m not sure if the offer table service after a certain time, but if that is the case then I feel like a quick word from the staff saying “hey, we are no longer doing table service, so if u would like more please pop up to the bar to see us, and we’ll fix the bill up there to.” So generally I felt ignored. I may visit it again in the distant future, but probably not, as there isn’t much else up there in that location.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I visited this venue for the first time on Sunday night and could not fault a thing! The staff were friendly and helpful and the food and drinks were amazing. I highly recommend this venue for couples enjoying a romantic dinner or friends going out for dinner and drinks.