“Very poor customer communication”
Review of Habesha Restaurant

Habesha Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 666 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 December 2018

I booked a table for four for dinner for Saturday 24 th November one month in sdvance. I booked this far ahead because that was the weekend of the Supercars in Newcastle. I assumed it would be very busy that weekend so wanted to be sure of getting a table.

On the 24 th we arrived at the restaurant to find it closed. No explanation, no phone call to me saying my booking could not be accommodated. We were left high and dry trying to find another place to eat on such a busy night.

This is an appalling attitude from this restaurant. I am disgusted by their attitude and very angry.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 9 November 2018

This is a great eating experience, from the experience of washing your hands at the table to rolling your food up in crepe like pancakes and eating with your hands. Experience mild flavoursome Ethiopian curries. I have been to this restaurant 3 times now and each time it delivered on expectations. The only down side is the wine list, which is limited with poor quality selections. The staff are friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is open, casual and chatty. All round great flavoursome unique eating experience

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2018

I have been to Habesha a number of times now, and the food and service is always great. I particularly recommend the kale and pumpkin! Try to avoid the early seating, especially if you're in a group, as you will feel rushed and pushed out of the restaurant, which is never a pleasant feeling. Always book it advance, because the seating area is small, but if you can't get a table you can always get takeaway.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Lovely quaint little restaurant. Food, atmosphere and service was excellent. Great vegetarian options. Loved the ritual of cleaning of hands and then eating with our hands. Definitely book ahead. Wine list was good. Highly recommend. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

We came to Habesha tonight for the first time. Very impressed by the staff and service. Asked them what they recommended and very good choices. Very tasty and interesting flavours. Would love to return to try more of the dishes. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2018