“Great food”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2018

A terrific experience really liked the hand washing ritual. I would encourage anyone to ask for Some assistance in ordering if this experience is new for you so you ensure you enjoy your meal and order the right amounts
Good value for money and lightning fast service
Only criticism was that our mains came out before we had finished our starters we would have liked more time between
Thoroughly enjoyed this dining experience

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Very pretty decor, gimmicky hand wash to start. A nice entre beef parcel BUT that was it! The rest was AWFUL ..lamb dish in greasy water and black lentil sludge that were both tasteless. Grey sloppy cold “bread” ... no idea what that was meant to be!
Ridiculously overpriced. So disappointing.

1  Thank Wildhay1
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Have eaten here many times and the food is consistently good. Red lentils are a favourite and it’s a nicely different experience to eat with just your hands and the bread.
I wish they provided an extra piece of bread per meal. Can be quite salty too.
Overall very good and will continue to visit regularly.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I’d heard good things about Habesha and I adore Ethiopian food, so I was really excited to visit here. When looking at the menu I was pleased with the variety of options to try from, which all sounded delicious. The staff were helpful and accommodating when we arrived, which was a great start to the night.

It’s quite a small venue and interestingly decorated - it had a great atmosphere. However, because it is so small I would not recommend it for medium or large sized groups as it is difficult to move around.

The food was nice (I especially liked the yeseba tibs) and the desserts were delicious. However the meals were very small portions, and most of our group walked out still hungry.

The food was tasty, but because of the small portion sizes I would only recommend this restaurant for couples and would suggest ordering much more than what you think you would need.

2  Thank AussieTraveller7787
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Have been to Ethiopia including remote townships so know what is eaten there and I can verify that this place is the closest thing you are likely to get in Australia to the real deal. Nice hand-washing ritual before eating (which is with your right hand) and very tasty offerings - especially "fasting" food (what Ethiopians call vegan). They specialise in injera: a stew-like curry served on top of a crepe-like flatbread,made out of fermented teff flour. which is supposed to be really good for you: high in protein and fibre. In Ethiopia they can't go a day without injera: it is a staple.

2  Thank Firsttimecruiser52