“Great food and service.”
Review of Barcito

Barcito
Ranked #16 of 595 Restaurants in Newcastle
Price range: USD 6 - USD 47
Description: Barcito celebrates all things Latino, providing traditional and inspired dishes from South & Central America.
Reviewed 27 August 2016

We went for a family dinner tonight and everyone really enjoyed the meal even our fussy eaters. Our top pick. The mussels,mariscos en cerveza, beef and sword fish skewers, Anticuchas, the ribs Carne Cocida, and the pan roasted fish Pescado. The staff were excellent and our drinks and meals all arrived before we were looking for them.

1  Thank Alison K

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Nice Restaurant with tasty food and great service, good selection of Beer, Wine and cocktails as well.

1  Thank Fatima D
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I visited Barcito for breakfast with a large group. We did not have a booking but they managed to find a place for us. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food did not disappoint either. The menu had an interesting selection of dishes. Everyone in our group enjoyed their meals which were delicious.

1  Thank Sue A
Reviewed 23 August 2016

This hasn't been my favourite Mexican/South American food experience, for "street style" food I feel it's a little overpriced, especially with portion size. I also thought that the food would be less Mexican but most of the menu items were very similar to that of a Mexican restaurant.

However, what we DID order was yummy and the service was excellent, everyone was kind and helpful. I'd like to give these guys another go because I'm not sure if I just ordered the wrong things. It's really great to see new businesses opening in Newcastle, this city is getting better and better.

Hoping to see these guys find their feet a bit more and really establish a point of difference in WHO and what they do :)

TeighanK, Guest Relations Manager at Barcito, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Hi Bella
Thank you for your review. I am not sure what you ordered as there is nothing on the menu that is Mexican. Although our theme is Latin American, Mexico is the one country not really recognised at Barcito (because we celebrate all things South and Central American and Mexico is considered part of North America).
The only thing that may be confused as Mexican could be the tostados? They are inspired from a meal the owners had in Guatemala. Being geographically close to Mexico it shares some similarities. Most of the menu is South American so we'd love to have you in to order something else :)
If it was dinner you ate, the small plates section is designed to share or for a lighter meal, this section has influence from Argentina, Uruguay, Peru, Brazil, Chile etc. The mains section (which will change seasonally) is inspired and takes Latino ingredients and a modern spin has been put on it. Who are we? - a Latino Bar & Kitchen that celebrates all things South and Central American. We hope to see you again so you can explore more of the menu :)

Reviewed 20 August 2016

I had been wanting to visit Barcito's for a couple of weeks when I finally got the chance to on a Saturday night and I was not disappointed! My boyfriend and I shared the small plates and had a dessert each. The small plates were delicious, the empanadas and chicken tostados were my standouts. The service was great, staff extremely friendly and the dulce de lechen dessert was magnificent!
I definitely suggest booking ahead as the place was full and I'd luckily booked us a table. If there's a party of about 4 I'd ask to be seated at the tall tables as they're next to the wall and maybe a little bit more personal? Anyway, loved it and can't wait to come back again for dinner and to also try breakfast!

1  Thank bridgetanne89