“Bulletproof gone wrong”
Review of Core espresso

Core espresso
Ranked #6 of 40 Coffee & Tea in Newcastle
Description: Specialty coffee , cold pressed juices beautiful simple produce cooked well with diverse choice of breakfast and lunch options from health ~ nourishing bowls ,salads , brisket burgers , sourdough toasted sandwiches and signature poached eggs using Local bio-dynamic eggs and quality produce Hand selected Produce is key at core
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I'm not sure what the training provided on bulletproof coffee is here but mine was terrible, the oils hadn't been adequately emulsified through through the butter and coffee and it lacked the froth on top and was replaced by an oil slick looking disaster. The taste reflected the preparation.

1  Thank Hooooge
Richard R, Owner at Core espresso, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hi
We are so sorry for your experience and invite you back for 2 free bullet proof coffees !
This must have been a production mistake and fully apologize as we always enough our bullet proof coffees are emulsified for 30 seconds in a high speed blender to enable the fats and coffee to attach and give maximum results . ee believe in our product and believe we have the best bulletproof coffee in the area .

please email coreespressonewcastle@gmail.com your details for us to send you a voucher to pop back in

So sorry for your experience

Core espresso

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

As my other reviews point out...i don't suffer lazy cooking/menus or tardy service. I expect food that i am not able to whip up myself at home, chefs are meant to be pro's after all!?
Anyway Core is located in the old Honeybee store; aesthetics are great and this spills over into the food. Its creative and tasty with reasonable value for money. Consider the fact that food is organic etc and hence the price is a little more than the average.
Service is always great for me...i particularly get the impression that the modus operandi is that they're passionate about what they're trying achieve - no run of the mill establishment.
Simply put...a huge range of healthy options, with dietary needs being easily catered for ie. gluten free, vegan etc

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a coffee before an explore of Darby street.
Gentlemen were wonderful. I changed my mind and sat in to eat my coffee, and offered to change it from a take away cup - which is declined.

Will be back.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Been looking around at a few places in Newcastle for great coffee, and this is one of them. For a long black in a mug I paid $4.5 which is on the steep side in my books, but I would treat myself here every now and again. The decor and the atmosphere is modern and comfortable, and the service was quite good, my coffee didn't take long at all and they were moderately busy for early on a weekday morning. Didn't have food, not disappointed with the coffee. I'd be back on my next trip to Newcastle.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I've just left this little funky & quaint coffee shop, I ordered & received quite quickly a large flat white it's wonderful, I'm unsure what food they offer, I did see a few cakes that look scrumptious, staff were polite, I will return at some point in time & explore further.

Thanks for your review
We look forward to seeing again soon