“Suberb strong coffee”
Review of Core espresso

Core espresso
Ranked #7 of 46 Coffee & Tea in Newcastle
Description: Specialty coffee , cold pressed juices beautiful simple produce cooked well with diverse choice of breakfast and lunch options from health ~ nourishing bowls ,salads , brisket burgers , sourdough toasted sandwiches and signature poached eggs using Local bio-dynamic eggs and quality produce Hand selected Produce is key at core
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Been looking around at a few places in Newcastle for great coffee, and this is one of them. For a long black in a mug I paid $4.5 which is on the steep side in my books, but I would treat myself here every now and again. The decor and the atmosphere is modern and comfortable, and the service was quite good, my coffee didn't take long at all and they were moderately busy for early on a weekday morning. Didn't have food, not disappointed with the coffee. I'd be back on my next trip to Newcastle.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I've just left this little funky & quaint coffee shop, I ordered & received quite quickly a large flat white it's wonderful, I'm unsure what food they offer, I did see a few cakes that look scrumptious, staff were polite, I will return at some point in time & explore further.

Richard R, Owner at Core espresso, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thanks for your review
We look forward to seeing again soon

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Such a good location right on Darby st.
Great vibe, delicious food and coffee and always good service :)

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Friendly staff, interesting menu with healthy options. 4 of us had brunch - the favourite dish was poached eggs on sour dour with beetroot and feta. The bacon and egg roll went down well.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I had been looking forward to eating in at core espresso as I had only tried the coffee as a take away. Unfortunately my first dine in experience was not so great and I won't be rushing back any time soon.
After my friend advised the staff there would be 3 of us dining, only 1 water glass was brought out to us, we waited and eventually had to ask for 2 more water glasses.
After a while of no wait staff presenting themselves to us, I walked up to the counter to ask if we could order some drinks...
my friends OJ (which said 4 oranges squeezed into a glass) was forgotten and when we reminded the staff of our forgotten drink we received an extremely off and fizzy glass of OJ. Completely undrinkable.
When the staff came back to ask what we'd like to order instead of the OJ, we were spoken to with a foot up on the spare chair a 3rd friend eventually sat at. I was completely shocked at how unprofessional this was. I get that we are in a relaxed and chilled out environment which I am all for, but I think it's a little disrespectful to take someone's order with your leg up on the chair.....
When our meals were finished we were never asked if we would like more drinks/coffees and our plates were never removed from our table. I actually moved them to another empty table of dishes because of the flies hanging around.
I normally wouldn't mind so much or complain but we watched the staff have a good old catch up behind the counter rather than take pride in serving us or looking after us.
I will say that my coffee and lovely and the roasted beetroot and poached eggs were nice! The white yoke a little runny but all in all a nice meal.
I was so excited to try core but was really disappointed with my experience.