“Steaks were not up to Hogsbreath standards”
Review of Hog's Breath Cafe

Hog's Breath Cafe
Ranked #30 of 136 Restaurants in Dubbo
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2017

Steaks today were not up to standard, compared to great steaks we had in January same restaurant. Thin cuts, grossly and chewy - suggests cheap meat cuts. Coincidently no one asked how are meal was today, that was a first. We got a better steak for $10 at a tavern from the specials board yesterday. Very very dissappointing. Al from Darwin.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Always pretty good food, always friendly service. Love the sweet potato wedges!! Yum! The coffee is great as well! ☺

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I've been to Hog's Breath in Dubbo (and other places) many times and we keep coming back. Most times the restaurant is busy and sometimes it's completely full and we've had to wait for a table or some back later. We often make a booking and this works well, especially on busy nights Like Saturday or school holidays. At peak times the staff can be harried and rushed. However, the food doesn't usually take long to come and if you order entree they come pretty fast and well before the main. As a non-steak eater I still find enough on the menu to satisy me as they now have a 'trim-a-licious' menu with lighter options. They have a wide range of beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. The lunch menu is good as they have a range of $10 specials.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We made a booking for 8pm. Waited until after 9pm to get our meal, then waited another 50 minutes for dessert! My medium to well done steak arrived rare. I was given a discount for the steak issue. Apart from the steak, all the rest of our food was amazing but the service was below average.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I have always regarded Hog's Breath as the McDonald's of steaks. Some of there meals can come across as a real fast food restaurant rather than a steak house. I had chicken dish which was cooked perfectly and would have to be one of the best meals I have had here. On several other occasions I have had steak and asked for medium rare but have been served well done.