“Worst pizza ever”

Sticks & Stones
Ranked #32 of 149 Restaurants in Dubbo
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The best wood-fired pizza cafe right in the heart of the city.Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and serving some of the best coffee and cakes in town from 7:30am.
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Pizza was rock hard. No taste. All the pizzas tasted the same. There was frozen supermarket Parmesan on top!!

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The meals are horrible and the service was slow! The meat they serve in there pastas are just sliced cold meat from the deli in a supermarket!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We ordered a takeaway garlic crust and tandoori chicken pizza. Waited 40 minutes, paid $35 and it was absolutely terrible. The garlic crust was so hard we could barely chew it, the pizza was barely cooked and had absolutely no taste. The cheese wasn’t even fully melted and the cheery tomatoes were still cold. We are very easy to please and would never throw food out, however neither of us could eat the garlic crust or the pizza. So disappointing, we would never get anything there again.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Sticks and stones may break my bones but this pizza might just kill me.
Unfortunately eating at Sticks and Stones was a very average experience. The wait staff was friendly but thats about the only good thing I can say. Upon trying to place our order of the gnocchi she replied “oh didn’t anyone tell you we’re not serving pasta?” No they didn’t but okay, pizza it is. I heard her telling another customer that the chef was out (out sick? Out finding himself? Who knows, but it’s a bit of a worry when half the menu grinds to a halt because one person is missing in action). We weren’t asked if we wanted drinks either but we were given a bottle of water- maybe we looked like we needed to lose some weight.
We ordered the gluten free garlic pizza crust for entree as my boyfriend is coeliac. It was harder than cardboard, though we persevered and both had sore jaws by the end (no, I’m not exaggerating). While gluten free bases can often be a bit tougher, this was a different level.
The wait staff apologised for the wait on our pizzas- “there are a lot of orders tonight.” I’m not sure why she was surprised- it was literally the only thing they were serving.
They weren’t worth the wait. Even my pizza (which was not gf) was tough to eat. We ate what we could but both left half. Pizza is hard to ruin but they managed it somehow.
Upon leaving they didn’t ask us how our food was. Another couple had walked in, seen what was left of our food and decided not to eat there. We won’t be back- period.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Got a take away pumpkin salad with chicken, for $19 the meal was tiny, it was covered in oil - the photo is what was left after I tipped the rest in the bin. The chicken was obviously microwaved frozen packet chicken which was rubbery and had no taste whatsoever. The salad had about 5 cubes of pumpkin and about the same of feta, which was all covered in oil. Stay away!