“"The Red Room"”

Cuisines: Asian, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Red Room used to be fine dining. No more. We had the three porterhouse steaks. All were thin, not cooked right and placed on a plate of slop (runny mashed potato). A single bowl of overcooked very basic vegables was provided to share. Other people ordered flathead, salmon and chicken which were ok. For dessert a couple of us had apple crumble. It was really stodgy with the pasty being half the thickness of the dessert. We left it. The service had no enthusiasm. The best part of the meal was the bottle of wine.

There are newer reviews for Commercial Club Albury

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The commercial club is like a mix of RSL & casino. It offers cheap, but good, food at its buffet. Good service & food at the restaurant or easy fast food at the café. Good entertainment (if not older style country etc) on the weekends. It is really nice to watch the real dancers enjoying themselves. Staff are friendly & helpful,

1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I dined at The Red Room with some friends. We ordered the porterhouse steak with mash for $35. We were so disappointed, the steak was thin and looked like an average pub steak. It was served with a small bit of mash, not what you expect for $35. If you want a good steak go to the Bullring. On the other hand, the staff were fantastic and the seafood platter looked awesome.

2  Thank Hannah L
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The conference organiser at this venue is the worst I have seen in my 25 years of working in the industry. I flew in for a site inspection to be told I couldn't view the onsite equipment because that isn't her department and the IT guys had someone with him. She was completely inflexible and we didn't see her once during the conference which was for 150 people including a gala dinner

5  Thank 123Dale
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I have seen all those negative feedbacks. In our experience, we had been to the buffet dinner two times. Both was excellent. First time, staff were kind enough to give an into on how the whole thing work. What is included in $18.00. Music was good. Lots of choice... Compared to other buffet dinner available in the area. "KIDS eat free" I think in Albury this is a pearl.

1  Thank MerryThomas