“Fantastic retreat!”

The White Horse Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sutton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2015

I have stayed at the White Horse at least twice now and eaten here on many occasions and felt I had to share my experiences. Nick always produces an excellent lunch or dinner and the breakfasts are superb. Jo is always ready to great you with a friendly smile and together they make a great team. The rooms are boutique and have coffee making machines, which is a pleasant change from the instant coffee sachets. Every time visit the area I always make a point of stopping by for lunch or more. Thank you Jo and Nick, see you soon!

Room Tip: I personally liked the room with the terrace.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2015

Good value B&B in a country pub. The food (dinner and breakfast) was just fine and the service was very good. However the room was a little tired, it had terrace but it had not been swept or cleaned for while, the TV was old and was on the bed side table, so viewing was difficult. The bathroom needed some attention, for example a new loo seat would not cost much to replace. With just a small amount of effort this could be excellent B&B.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2015

Traditional exterior, boutique-style bedrooms, very comfortable and quiet, a good night's sleep, imaginative menu and friendly owner and staff. Close to the excellent Roman villa at Bignor, RSPB reserve at Pulborough, Arundel and Chichester.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Star-gazersPlymouth
Reviewed 17 June 2015

I just wanted to thank Nick and his staff at the White Horse for an absolutely fantastic stay for a few nights with my bridal party during my wedding in the area. It is a lovely B+B in a beautiful area and the staff were so friendly, patient and accommodating of numerous last minute changes of plan and general pre- wedding chaos that it made it a really fun and relaxed time. We were so happy we chose the White Horse and I cannot praise the experience we had highly enough!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2015

We were a group of 10 walker-photographers who'd booked this pub for lunch as part of that day's walking trip. I cannot complain about the standard of food and beer, nor the speed of service. However, as I've noticed previously, one doesn't exactly get a warm welcome here like we do in other similar establishments - which perhaps explains why it always seems a bit quiet. We got the impression that they seemed quite indifferent to our custom,which is why I have marked them down on the rating. It was noticed by our group, most of whom had travelled to Sussex from other parts of the UK.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cloosie

Been to The White Horse Inn? Share your experiences!