Open today: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Review Highlights
Excellent cellar door

This winery is located on the back roads of Balhannah on the way to Hahndorf. A very scenic... read more

Reviewed 17 December 2018
338foodlover
Adelaide, Australia
via mobile
Great service

Following a terrible wine tasting earlier in the day, we were so delighted to have Jack as our... read more

Reviewed 2 September 2018
onehangrygirl
Sydney, Australia
via mobile

All reviews cellar door adelaide hills friendly service interstate guests great knowledge wine tour nice place to stop boutique vineyard gum trees crackers cheese platter lawns wines tasting varietals bottle vines
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

It's been too long since we've been able to find these lovely wines in the USA so a visit to the winery is a must! Informative and entertaining tasting host who walked us through the many offerings. Not sure we agreed on a favorite, however there is a selection of lesser known varietals worth giving a try. 2015 was a good year for reds ;-)

Date of experience: April 2018
Mark R, Manager at Nepenthe Wines, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Great to have you here. Hopefully we will see you back again.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Nepenthe wines produce great staple quality wines. Apart from the view over the vines, this place has absolutely no soul.
Just get them from Dan Murphys.

Date of experience: April 2018

Thankyou for coming to our cellar door. We hope you return and try us again.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I love it when you can locate a winery a local has advised you of especially as I not only lost my care in Hahndorf in the Adelaide Hills she drove me to my car and then I followed her to the best "local winery she loves" (She being known as Di in an old car) to Nepenthe.

Wow to speak with a lovely young chap who told me about the wines while I did the cellar tasting, true to his word this bottle of Arneis has just been finished by moi with chicken dinners, superb with the hint of pear and almonds.

A lovely place to dine to if you prebook with them which I hadn't.

I'll be going again I enjoyed it....

Date of experience: March 2018
Mark R, Manager at Nepenthe Wines, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for a lovely review. Will pass on your thoughts to the team. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

First stop on a tour in the Adelaide Hills this winery set a great tone to our day. Cellar door lady was really helpful; guided us through tasting, helped us with purchases but then proceeded to give us really useful information on places to visit. Her local knowledge and generosity in recommending other venues was so helpful; a great sense of local community.
The winery venue was really picturesque and the views were scenic. Great venue for a picnic.

Date of experience: January 2018
Mark R, Manager at Nepenthe Wines, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Wonderful review, thank you. I'll pass on your comment to the staff that looked after you. Come and visit again.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Visited this Cellar door with 9 family members. Tasted some very good white wines. Bought the best one to drink with lunch. To our surprise there is no dining room. But food is available for sale from the counter. Had some good Camembert , Crackers & Salami.

Date of experience: January 2018

Thanks for the feedback. Hope the whole family had a good time.