All reviewsmilford soundone nightsuperior roomcoach tourmiddle of towncentral locationbuffet breakfasttwo double bedsno air conditioningroom was largethe main streetnew zealandsmall townan upgradeglow worm caveswi ficomfortable stay
Reviewed 3 April 2018

A bit dated but the location is great. Our room was very clean and the beds comfortable. The buffet meal was excellent with plenty of choices. An easy walk to all amenities. I thought the hotel foyer and the corridors to our rooms were a little dull and dark and it was quite cold inside. Over all a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
KevinDsouza84, Manager at Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us, I am glad to read you had a pleasant stay and also enjoyed your meal in Hilights Restaurant. Trust you had a great time in beautiful Fiordland and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Great location right in the center of town. A little expensive but you get a pretty good sized room. Everything is rather old but I don't think there are many new hotels in the area. Everything was clean though. The main thing I did not like was that there was no A/C, this seems common in the area. It was rather cool outside but you want to have some ventilation so its not stuffy. Luckily there is a fan in the room so that worked well.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us. I am glad you found our central location conducive to your needs. Trust you had a great time in beautiful Fiordland and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We stayed one night as part of a tour group.

Te Anau is in such a beautiful location that the hotel almost doesn't matter.

This hotel is very conveniently located for easy access to the lake front, the park, shops, bars and restaurants ... and the pie shop!

Our room was average; clean, and had everything we needed for a short stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
KevinDsouza84, Manager at Distinction Luxmore Hotel Lake Te Anau, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us. I am glad you found our central location conducive to your needs, we are very luck indeed to be in such a beautiful part of the country. Trust you had a great time in beautiful Fiordland and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We stayed at the hotel for one night in February during a multi-day hike, where we were at a different lodge each night. The hotel was clean, comfortable and well-equipped with toiletries. But what prompted me to write was the honesty, integrity and kindness of its staff. We left a valuable pair of travel binoculars in our room but didn't realize it for several days. We contacted our guide company twice to help us locate the binoculars to no avail. We assumed the binocs, a 25-year-old wedding present, were lost forever. But three weeks later, I decided to do a little more digging, so I contacted the Luxmore. A staff member replied within minutes to let me know they had found the binoculars and would be happy to mail them to us. We received them a few days later. I am incredibly grateful to the staff for returning our prized possession. That act alone deserves five stars. Thank you!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about your stay with us. I am glad to read you had an enjoyable stay and found your room to be comfortable and clean. I am delighted we could help reuniting you with your precious present and appreciate your comments. Trust you had a great time in beautiful Fiordland and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I booked the top suite for our nights before and after Milford Track walk. Plus side were a big bath with massage jets (think about post walk requirements!) and a well equipped kitchenette. But all a bit tired and the hotel seemed clogged with tour groups from Mr Trump’s countryside. Who of course are utterly lovely. We didn’t try the in-house dining.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple