“Not worth the typical “Ferg” named hype”
Review of Mrs Ferg Gelateria

Mrs Ferg Gelateria
Ranked #3 of 9 Dessert in Queenstown
Description: A shop of Gelato, Sorbet, Juices, Smoothies, Breakfasts and Desserts with something to cater for everyone. Everything is made fresh onsite.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

2 things the Ferg brand does well- baking and burgers. That’s where it stops.
The gelati is the same standard than what is found in the freezer section of a supermarket. Pleasant enough but definitely not standout.
We also visited the next day for something different- an açai bowl. Tasted slightly strange in comparison to others we have tasted, but was presented very nicely (should be with the 10 min+ prep time).

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Located right next door to the famous Fergburger so if you don’t want to wait forever in the cue there, have an ice-cream instead. Free tastings to tempt you with an abundance of flavours to try. The staff are very friendly and cooperative but surprisingly enough the place was never full each time we went. Maybe because of the competition, I don’t know. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Oh my gooooooood. On my travels around the South Island I kept justifying a trip back through Q'town purely to get more ice cream. This place has amazing sorbet and gelato, with mostly any flavour you could ask for and it's all home made. Don't waste time waiting in the queue for Fergburger, grab and ice cream to make it all the worth while! Standard gelato prices and much better than other leading cafes chains.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Since we ate at Fergburger we were entitled to 10% off our total bill here. They have a wide range of flavors and the gals behind the counter couldn't have been more accommodating in providing samples and even suggesting some to try. Once a decision was made they quickly scooped up generous portions of the selected flavors. I got three different flavors and found two of the three to be wanting on flavor intenseness. Only the strawberry had a flavor that seemed to last. If not for the great service, my rating would be Average for the gelato.

Thanks for reading. If you’ve found this helpful I’ll appreciate a thumbs up below.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Was pretty full when we were there. Glad we actually bought some!! We bought double flavour, pistachio & mascarpone fig and almond. Their taste are heaven! My mom tried it and bought one for herself, my daughter bought chocolate mint which are amazingly good!!