“Disappointing service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Surprisingly poor service for a half full restaurant. They didn't even set up the table for 3 they gave us for our group of 4, despite our request for another place setting so we had to resort to getting our own dishes from an adjacent table. Slow to take our order and not particularly responsive to anything else. We'd understand if they were full - not somewhere we could recommend.

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (99)

Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

When we arrived as a group of 4 people, we were reluctantly seated and given menus. It was a late sitting, around 830pm. The waitress presurred us to order, and when our food finally arrived we werent sure if it was chicken or road kill... terrible food. We then asked for some rice, to be told there was no rice available, whilst on another table there was a whole table of staff with a huge pot of rice.
Really regretting ever going there and wished we had not paid for the terrible food and below standard service.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank teeksseeks27
Reviewed 29 February 2016

We were the second table to be served when we arrived, our waitress brought out the first dish in about 15-20 minutes but we were waiting for another 30+ minutes for the second dish. When I asked about the second dish, the unfriendly owner told us it would take long time to deep fried the tofu before serving. Her tone of voice was negative and her attitude was very cocky. Meanwhile, at least 20 other dishes of food were served to customers came after us. I wish I could give it a -1 rating.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 16 February 2016

Restaurant is up a fairly steep flight of stairs and it seems to share premisses with a Thai restaurant. On our first visit we ordered a set meal for 2 it was very nice but much too much for us, on the second visit we ordered a couple of dishes of the normal menu and were very pleased. I think a good indicator of the quality of the food is that on both occasions we were the only none Chinese diners.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 25 January 2016

This is my first ever complaint anywhere in the world in 40+ years. I was at this restaurant twice before, the last time 5 years ago with my children and my parents who were visiting from overseas, we loved it. So on my visit to Queenstown last week, this time with one child and two other visitors, I was very keen to eat here again. Bad, bad decision. I was incredibly disappointed in..actually everything. The restaurant had changed places with the Thai next door, and although not quite as nice a venue, that was ok. There were maybe 4 or 5 other tables occupied. We were greeted by a male waiter in a very unfriendly manner, and very reluctantly shown to a table, at that point I was still not too worried. We were given 3 not 4 menus, again, ok, no worries; he then grunted which we took as wanting to take the drinks order, we started ordering those, after 3 orders he turned to walk away, and I had to call out to him, that I would like a drink too please. We had barely time to read the menu when he returned to take the order, again not many words were spoken, and when I said we are not ready to order, he kept standing at the table, glaring at me. So we rushed the order, and managed to order 2 wrong dishes, but never mind. Turns out there were a couple of large bus groups expected who were gushed over. When the food came, it was hugely disappointing, it not only didn't look like any Chinese food I've ever ordered before, but also tasted quite uninspiring. (I have eaten at Chinese restaurants on many many many occasion here and abroad and lived in Asia for 3 years). There were a couple of other things, which I actually can't be bothered mentioning anymore. The service didn't improve, the food didn't make up for it. If the food had been great, I would not have minded about everything else, but it was not. Hugely disappointed. Also would like to add, that 2 of us who ate one dish, that the other 2 did not eat, were unwell in the tummy and gut department for the next 2 days.

Date of visit: January 2016