“Delicious and fast service.”

Captains Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 265 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: USD 9 - USD 24
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, New Zealand, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stopped here to eat whilst out in town and ordered from the lunch menu, which was very reasonably priced. The fish and chips were great - perfectly cooked, with crispy batter and deliciously crunchy fries. Service was good and fast, with the waitress particularly attentive and happy to help. I'd recommend this place if you're passing by and want a quick lunch whilst shopping.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 20 March 2012

The most expensive meal we had in Queenstown but was very good. They have a good variety of local delicacies including fish and lamb. I had the lamb chops and my wife and her parents had the salmon. all were very good. the cheese plate was delicious and the wines, all local, were very good.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We went to Captains for dinner. Our expectations were reasonable service and good honest food. The service actually was pretty good, with attentive and friendly waitresses. However the food a different story. I ordered the calamari for an entree and the fresh fish special for a main.
The calamari was hard in consistency. Not very appetizing at all. The main was pan fried blue cod on a risotto bed. The risotto would probably be the worst I have been served in any restaurant. It was so overcooked that is was just stodge. Very poor.
The calamari and the risotto got me wondering about the "fresh blue cod". I thought that some of it had the taste of frozen fish. Couldn't be sure.
Bottom line was based on the calamari and risotto the food was very disappointing despite the friendly staff.Won't be going back anytime soon.

1  Thank khandallah
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stopped here for lunch and I got garlic bread and mussels which were the best mussels I have ever had. This set the standards for our holiday. Only downside was they didn't have any highchair facilities so I had to feed my daughter in my lap

Reviewed 9 March 2012

We had an early dinner here and sat outside so we could people watch on a lovely summer afternoon. My husband had baby lamb chops which were excellent. I had a steak. The staff was very friendly and the food was nicely presented. Glad we stopped.