“Great Place to Stay in Queenstown”

Hurley's of Queenstown
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Staff were helpful, rooms were very clean and the hotel has a very cosy atmosphere. Great for families.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Hotel staff was very accomodating. I stayed 2 nights before the Routeburn Track and returned 2 nights later to stay 1 more night. I was able to simply leave my luggage in the room and the hotel staff put into storage for me. I left a note on top of my luggage saying to please put the food I left in a plastic bag in the frig into the hotel's frig so that I could collect it upon my return. Evidently they did not do this, so when I asked for my groceries when I returned and they could not find them, the owner replaced them for me.
Also the same man gave me a ride for $25 NZ to the airport
I never could get the AC to work in either room. I think it was turned off, but I did not ask about it .
The shampoo and conditioner and hand lotion are all very good. The kitchenette is also very helpful and incudes dishes and cooking utensils, mini frig and microwave, dish towels and soap and 2 burner electric stovetop.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside and onthe 2nd floor to be able to open the sliding glass door to cool off...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tango191191
hurleys55, Manager at Hurley's of Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thanks for your review and pleased to hear you enjoyed the Routeburn walk, it is truly an amazing adventure and scenery is spectacular. Very happy to store luggage for any track walkers. Food is obviously a bit more difficult with so many rooms and limited fridge space.
We don't have air conditioning in rooms. The dial is the underfloor heating for the winter. Had you came to reception and inquired we would have provided you with a fan for cooling.

Thanks again for reviewing your stay with Quality Inn Hurleys.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

The property was easy to find, just corner from the main road. And it’s only 5 min walk to downtown, but the road quite steep. The room was on the ground floor with amazing view to the mountain. It was nice and clean, and even has access to the parking lot so it was easy for us to go in and out. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If I have a chance to visit Queenstown again, definitely will back to Hurley’s.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking time to review your stay here at Quality Inn Hurleys. It was a special time to be in Queenstown with the snow fall. Our staff always strive to provide you with the knowledge to have a fantastic stay in queenstown. Happy to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Queenstown is amazing, and Hurley's made it even better. Situated right at the foot of the Remarkable Mountains, with sunsets to die for, Hurleys is perfect. I hate to make too many people want to go there, because I want my room back! Newly remodeled. We had a suite for 4, and it was 2 stories, with a kitchen and a living room with sliding glass doors opening to the mountain view, also a half bath and fold out queen sofa. upstairs were two huge bedrooms and a full bathroom. one bedroom had a full wall window view! wow. TV's in each bedroom and the living room. and the Innkeepers - wow. We had nothing planned, they sat down with us each day and gave us recommendations, then made the reservations for us. It's only a 10 minute walk into town, but when they could, they even drove us in their car!
Best experience ever, and don't miss the jet boating, bungee jumping, Kiwi Haka show and buffet and Doubtful Sound cruise! oh yeah, and the Lord of the Rings Hummer tour was fantastic, including tea and cookies on the hood of the Hummer, made by our big tough Kiwi guide, in a meadow filmed in LOR! Definitely should be on your bucket list, regardless of your age!

Room Tip: ask for the 4 person, two story one with the view of the Remarkables.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Pleased to hear you enjoyed Queenstown and have taken time to tell others about your great stay at Hurleys. We certainly enjoy helping our guests and providing transport to town when we can.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Visiting in June just after a record snow fall and our room was super warm, spacious and cosy, with everything we could possibly need. The location was also fantastic and we always walked into town. Staff were also super friendly and helpful. At the price I thought it was value for money. Thanking you, would definitely stay again!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room looking out to the road, lake and mountains and it was quiet and fantastic!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple