USD 221
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 232
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 152
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 172/night.

USD 174
USD 163
  • Restaurant
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 149
  • Restaurant
Mercure Resort Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 102
  • Pool
Heritage Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 132
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 225
USD 148
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 88
Priceline
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 127/night.

Azur(Queenstown)
USD 941
USD 916
Hotels.com
2,276 results
All reviewslake facing roombit datedgreat view of the laketown centreviewslakesidemountainsremarkables
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend. On arriving we found the foyer to be modern and well decorated and were looking forward to seeing our room. Unfortunately while it appears the hotel has been modernised the rooms hadn't. The room was very small with thread bare carpet. The flooring in the bathroom had lifted and there was no air-conditioning. To say we were disappointed would be an understatement especially given the cost. The restaurant on site was great and it was walking distance to town which were both benefits however we would not stay again unless the rooms were modernised or the cost was significantly reduced.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaGrace87
Vinicius B, Manager at Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi MelissaGrace87
Thank you for your feedback.
Here at the Rydges in Queenstown, we pride ourselves on offering our guests a great service.
All our rooms are well appointed on the best location in town with great views of Wakatipu Lake. We understand that our product is currently dated but the renovations planning has already started, which we hope should bring a new fell to the entire hotel.
I hope you had a great Easter and is having a great day.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. The reception area gives the impression this is a quality hotel. This was not the case when I saw my room. Bearing in mind I would be staying for 10 nights, my room was one that would accommodate someone on a short stay. The list of things wrong with the room is depressing and if I wanted to change my room I would have to pay more than double the room rate to move to the new part of the hotel.

The restaurant was very good but a little expensive. The staff were very friendly.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Hi Mandy H
Thank you so much for sending your feedback.
I'm really sorry that you didn't feel your experience meet your expectations.
On your next visit, please try one of our other room types, in especially our Junior Suites, which are quite spacious and would suit perfectly for long stays.
Hopefully, you are having a great day.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The location is great with only minutes to walk to the town centre along a flat road rather than a hill, with the advantage of having the lake and ducks right across the (very busy) road. The reception from staff on our first day in Queenstown was friendly and welcoming which we later appreciated even more as too often in Queenstown we were met with arrogance and indifference by young non-kiwi employees who were working in the town. We were checked in by a charming kiwi local 'James' who offered us an upgraded room at check-in - a suite rather than a room on the 5th floor (526). The room was spacious and clean although a little dated, bed was comfy and room had a view of lake and mountains with doors to a large outdoor deck shared by anyone on that level. Breakfast was a large, varied buffet with stunning views of the lake and The Remarkables, particularly stunning at sunrise. We opted to eat at the bar rather than pay $80 per head for the buffet in the restaurant. The bar staff were great, the food not so great but the view and venue made up for it. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms toward the the town centre offer better views the town and The Remarkables
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello there,
Thank you so much for this great review.
I have shared your comments with James which made him extremely happy.
I hope you had a great trip back home.
See you on your next trip down south.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Rydges is in a superb location, an easy stroll to the bustle of Queenstown, while just far enough away from the noise, and it's not on the main hotel row. The staff are excellent: friendly and relaxed, professional and helpful. There's no getting around it: the hotel itself is tired. My room was clean and comfortable but definitely showing its age. The common areas such as stairwells and meeting rooms are also in real need of a refresh. If you're not fussed about pristine presentation, want good service and a lovely outlook, this is a good pick.

Room Tip: Higher floors will offer the best views of the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank jandals2
Vinicius B, Manager at Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi There, jandals2
Thank you so much for this great feedback, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Our team is by far our biggest asset and I'm happy to hear they reached your expectations.
Yes, the hotel is currently outdated, but rest assured that we are working on the upgrade program.
Location second to none and breathtaking views with a great service, that is the Rydges Queenstown.

Have a great day.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We were in awe when we reach Queenstown as the view and ambiance is relaxing and welcoming. When we arrive at the hotel, it looks really new from the front desk all the way to the main dining area at the top floor. I believe the hotel is still going thru some refurbishment. In any case, the room that we were assigned to is on the same floor as the main dining area & it is HUGE. The room is date but the view from the balcony took my breathe away. The balcony (extremely spacious) is shared among the stretch of rooms on that particular floor and you can just sit there to sun bathe or chill with your friends while enjoying the breathtaking view. The toilet is huge (comes with a bath tub) and I enjoyed my stay here. The main dining area is where we have our breakfast and the food is pretty good. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends