My partner and i booked our stay at the Rydges through laterooms for reasonably decent rate mine and my partners wedding anniversary.
The staff are great but the whole experience was let down by a few MAJOR factors
Firstly, your in a cold climate and the last thing you want is a cold bedroom, especially if you have paid for a
‘Deluxe room” the heater in our room and the terrible, I complained and while my partner and I were out snowboarding they assured me they would get it repaired. They didn’t…when I asked to be moved they said they were full and gave me a portable heater!
Secondly the ‘hot buffet’ breakfast that should be renamed to ‘luke warm’ buffet breakfast left a lot to be desired + a whole in my stomach were decent food before a day on the mountain belongs.
The scrambled eggs were watery and lacked flavor; the sausages looked like they came out of a tin, small and flavorless, the baked beans weren’t cooked and to top it all of the hashbrowns were cold due to not being placed in a heated container, which the staff state has been broken for some time….
Not only was the above mentioned unfortunate considering the $25 charge per breakfast it was consistently unfortunate over our four night stay.
I advised the staff and they apologized but there was no change to the food.
In the end I settled for toast.
The other frustrating factor is that the $25 per breakfast does not include a decent cup of coffee, you can get one made from ground beans but an additional charge of $4 is required to get a half decent coffee!
What kind of 4 * hotel doesn’t include a decent cup of coffee in its breakfast?
Other than the terrible breakfast the hotel is right smack bag in the middle of the action with an excellent view of the lake however you can’t help but notice the hotel is dated and lack the facility's (Indoor swimming pool, decent coffee, working bedroom heaters) to make the stay as comfortable as one would expect for a hotel of this size, standing and price.
Overall a 4 out of 10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary multi-story hotel overlooking Lake Wakatipu, 400 meters from town center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rydges Lakeland Resort Hotel Queenstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Lakeland Hotel Queenstown
- Rydges Lakeland Queenstown