Swiss-Belresort Coronet Peak
USD 177*
USD 145*
USD 251*
USD 239*
The Dairy Private Hotel(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 376*
USD 172*
Crowne Plaza Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 187*
USD 145*
  • Room Service
Hilton Queenstown Resort & Spa(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 124*
  • Pool
USD 195*
USD 175*
  • Restaurant
Mercure Resort Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 111*
  • Pool
Novotel Queenstown Lakeside(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 140*
USD 129*
Novotel
  • Restaurant
Peppers Beacon Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 204*
USD 117*
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
Swiss-Belsuites Pounamu Queenstown(Queenstown)(Great Value!)
USD 171*
USD 158*
All reviewsgames roomten pin bowlinggames areafree shuttleshuttle serviceonsen hot poolsski slopesnice place to staybuffet breakfastshotover jetcomfortable stayevery hourquiet locationelectric blanketsstayed here for two nightstown centrevolleyball
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I to looked at the reviews after my holiday club booked it for me, before moving into our unit in the middle of Queenstown, and i was really concerned. BUT WOW!!!! what a great place to stay. Clean warm rooms, great bar and friendly people. Great Food, warm cosy wood fires to sit near and have a great meal and drink after a day of skiing. Kids loved going bowling. And 15mins drive to the snow fields. For a three star rating this place was the bomb, was really sad to leave. Are booking again next year. Oh and try the ribs a meal for two and Yummmmmmmmy. Please do not listen to the first comment on the adviser as i honestly do not know what they were talking about.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2010

When my friend booked this hotel through its website (because it was very cheap) and read the review of this place in tripadvisor, we were very worried. We didn’t expect much from the place. But hey, what a mistake! The place definitely deserved a good review. Our room was warm (each room has their own heater), cosy, clean and our beds were warm (there’s electric blanket). There’s shuttle bus that can take you to Queenstown (about 10 minutes drive) or to Coronet Peak (about 15 min drive) from the hotel. The hotel also has a dry room and self-service laundry which was very useful. On top of that they have bowling alleys too! You’d need to book for the lanes though as they are quite busy. If you couldn’t get the lane, you can enjoy your time in the cosy spots next to the fireplace in the bar and restaurant.

Perhaps if you haven’t got a car it would be hard to get around the town as the shuttle to the city only operates every hour. But if you have a car with you in Queenstown, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2010

We booked this hotel outside Queenstown because we wanted to only spend around $100/night and Wotif had a good deal. We thought it was cheap because it was outside Queenstown - we were wrong! This hotel has not been renovated for 40 years. The carpet stank of wet rotting material, the tv was snowy, the shower just dribbled, the bed was 40 years old and sank in the middle and the walls were paper thin - to the point we could hear all the people around us talking in their rooms. But the best part - the toilet was built into the vanity - the button was a piece of wood - that everytime we pushed it, it fell into the water into the cistern! We then had to lift the entire vanity up each time to fish the piece of wood out of the water, so we could flush the toilet again! (see the enclosed photo) We couldnt get out of this place quick enough .....

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2008

The property has obviously undergone a change with really dynamic new management.
Clean comfortable rooms with own bathrooms at a great price of $99 incl tax.On premises is a TenPin Bowling alley which is great fun.
Opposite is the awesome Onsen Hot Pools overlooking the Shotover River.Walking distance to the Shotover Jets.
Next door to the skifields of Coronet Peak.
Great buffet breakfast and dinner.
Quiet location as downtown Queenstown is noisy much like a large downtown of any city.Regular shuttles to and from town.
Great value and friendly staff.What more can you ask.
Paul

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank springfield9
Reviewed 25 February 2008

I see someone has written a review that says 'stay here if you must.' I would disagree with this and say no, don't stay here at all - stay somewhere else. I think this was possibly the worst experience in a hotel that we have had, apart from one in The Gambia with cockroaches crawling out of the grout in between the bathroom tiles and gangs of youths brandishing machetes outside our hotel. The first night we were kept awake by hoardes of teenage guests rampaging up and down the corridor, outside our rather basic and slightly smelly room. We were too tired to complain to reception that evening, but on complaining the next day we were met with a shrug and a 'yes we have a large group of students staying here'. Silly me, what did I expect.

We caught the hotel's shuttle bus down into Queenstown with the rather morose driver, and whilst this worked quite well, we think you would be far better off just staying down in Queenstown. There is nothing up here where this hotel is located, apart from one saving grace - a restaurant called Gantley's over the road. This serves amazing food and wine and we had a really lovely meal here with friendly staff. This was the only good point of our stay here (but we dreaded the end of the meal when we had to go back to the Coronet for bed) and we would recommend a visit here separately if you can.

The hotel pool was the worst thing about the hotel, or maybe a tie with the food. It was disgustingly dirty, with cracked tiles both in the pool and outside, broken chairs all around, dead flies and other creatures floating in the pool (we were there in the height of summer and it didn't appear to have been cleaned since the previous summer). The grounds were shoddy and poorly maintained, and there seemed to be the remnants of broken drinking glasses dotted around (although who left them there I have no idea as no one in their right minds can have sat out there on the two legged chairs). When we asked to see the manager to complain about the state of the hotel, we were told he would ring us in our room that evening. No call came. The next morning we asked again, and were told he was 'busy' but if we came back at 12 he would be there. 12 o'clock came, and we were told he was out. Persevering, as I am one for doing so when I have paid for something I do not feel has been provided, I demanded to see the manager. Told to come back in 2 hours. Did so, and was told, guess what, he's not here. I said I did not believe this and I was going to stand there bothering the staff until he came. Ooh, 2 minutes later the receptionist went into the back room and out comes the manager. I listed our complaints and asked for a refund of the money we had paid for the nights as the hotel was so disgusting. He seemed disinterested and bored and then agreed with us when we told him the state of the pool area was unnacceptable and a danger to health! He said yes it was and sighed. We did then get the second night of our two night's stay free after harassing him a bit more, but this did little to improve our experience of the hotel.

The breakfast was diabolical - we eat just about anything but it was mostly inedible, unrecognisable slop. Maybe the hotel has changed hands since we visited - I really hope so as it does have lovely views and Gantley's was lovely, but we really felt that for the inconvenience of its location you need something special to justify it (and the price - it's more expensive than the hotels / B and Bs down in Queenstown). Our advice is don't stay there and stay down in Queenstown. Queenstown itself was great, lots of good restaurants and bars / shops and of course all the outdoor activities to do. Hope this helps, feel free to email me with any questions!

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank jetsetter77Uk
SwissBelResortGM, General Manager at Swiss-Belresort Coronet Peak, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations.
We are about to undergo a major refurbishment to bring the hotel and its facilities up to a 4 star standard. this programme should commence within the next 4 weeks. I do hope you enjoyed Queenstown though.
Kind regards