1,037 results
All reviewsfree dinnertravel deskkiwi experienceprivate roomthe kitchencinema roomfree toastbed dormfemale dormcommon roomshared balconycommon areasown bathroomlight sleepermiddle of townfree wifiperfect location
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Was nice to stay at a hostel in New Zealand where you could actually drink your own alcohol in the common area, even though this was only up until 9pm it was still better than most. Location of the hostel is good, right in the centre of Queenstown. Rooms were decent size and shared bathrooms were always clean, considering most people are out till late there wasn't really any noise and always able to get to sleep. Cinema room was a nice little added extra where you could go any time of day or night and there would always be a film on!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank lee1888
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us feedback - we are stoked you had a great stay! Hope to see you again in the future - Cheers!

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Awesome hostel, friendly staff, great atmosphere and great facilities! Definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
NomadsQueenstown, Manager at Nomads Queenstown Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback - we are so stoked you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again in the future - all the best for the rest of your travels. Cheers Aimee

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Nomads hostel in Queenstown has been hands down the best hostel I have stayed in. I have stayed in numerous hostels across Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand and this definitely topped the list. It seems they have really thought of everything for this hostel. I had planned to stay there for 5 nights but I ended up staying for 3 weeks. Turns out a lot of people done the same, they didn’t want to leave.

The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, especially Denny and Ronan on reception who couldn’t have done any more for us, they created such a fun and welcoming atmosphere in the hostel. We also booked all our trips at the travel desk in the hostel and got a really good deal.
Nomads have done everything right.

The location is ideal, right in the centre of things. Everywhere is in walking distance and the views from the balconies are gorgeous. The hostel itself is modern, spacious and most important for me very clean and secure as all the rooms have swipe cards and you need your card to get into the hostel after 7pm.

The communal area is very large and also has an amazing cosy fire which I found hard to leave! There is also a cinema room with loads of films to choose from and a snooker and fuseball table. You can have drinks in the communal area until 9pm. There was always a great atmosphere and it’s a good place to meet people. Everyday there were day and evening activities planned for anyone who wanted to join in. Some of the ones that I done were ice skating, Frisbee golf, zumba, bar crawl and killer pool. There is also a large sauna in the hostel which comes in very handy after coming in from the cold

The kitchen has all the utensils you need and is not cramped but best of all there is a free daily breakfast and dinner which is great when your travelling as it saves you a lot of money. I have had free dinners in other hostels before which were not nice but the Nomads dinners were very tasty.

The rooms were perfect, cleaned everyday. Nice and spacious which I needed as I don’t travel light!

I really cant fault anything about Nomads, my stay was so enjoyable and I have and will be recommending this hostel to everyone.

Thanks Nomads for making my trip to Queenstown the best it could have been.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sharelle07

Oh wow, this feedback completely blew us away - Deni and Ronan are delighted (are you sure they didn't pay you haha) thank you so, so much for your awesome feedback. We are stoked you loved your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to review our property. We're very proud of our hostel and it's so good to hear that you loved it as much as we do. Thank you!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Amazing place to stay in Queenstown, New Zealand. It is a shame more hostels are not more like this - the social area had a huge kitchen with loads of sofas to hang out on.
I loved the sofas and the relaxed feel in this hostel!

The breakfast and free meal supplied were simple but did the job when you are a hungry traveler!

I would stay here again if i am ever in Queenstown! :)

Room Tip: The smaller rooms do have a lot more space in but obviously these can be more pricey. I had an 6 bed dorm which was perfect as we had a lot of floor space and a balcony!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hostel, we're really happy you enjoyed your stay. All the best for your future travels! Cheers :)

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed here for a few nights with a group of 5 students and had a good time. The free dinner was awesome, but I wouldn't plan on having the breakfast as your only morning meal if you have a busy day ahead (it's only bread with butter/jam). The staff was so friendly and upgraded us to a 5 person room that we had to ourselves for the price of the 8 person room. They were also super nice with helping us plan our activities in New Zealand and we got a bunch of deals through the hostel. The one thing that was kind of weird was the staff kept coming into our room unannounced to "collect trash" which we think was to make sure we weren't drinking in the room. They are pretty adamant about that rule, but you can't drink in the hostel's common room past 9pm.

Room Tip: See if they can upgrade your group so you have a room to yourselves!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends