1,038 results
All reviewsfree dinnertravel deskkiwi experienceprivate roomthe kitchencinema roomfree toastbed dormfemale dormcommon roomshared balconycommon areasown bathroomlight sleepermiddle of townfree wifiperfect location
Reviewed 14 December 2011

On my second visit to Queenstown, I stayed here on the recommendation of my Bus driver. This place feels good, the staff at the desk are very helpful and friendly. So were the guests. I left my I Pod in the movie room- which is really cool by the way- and after resigning myself to having lost it, I was told someone had handed it in to the Front Desk. Thanks guys!

The building itself is very modern and well laid out. There is a large communal kitchen and lounge area were everyone gathers and hangs out. They also provide a basic meal every evening which is greatly appreciated.

Considering I have stayed in other hostels in Queenstown for the same price, this is great value. I was in a shared dorm which was okay. It could have done with a clean up from the housekeepers but I didn't really mind. I've visited much worse!

For older travellers it might be a bit loud but I loved it. There really was a great atmosphere here.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank KeithUnderneath
Reviewed 11 December 2011

spent almost 2 weeks here and loved it!
stayed in a 6 bed female on ensuite dorm, good size, had seperate toilet and shower, had own balcony, small lockers in room and we each had our own reading light. room is clean and modern!
hostel is big, they have a nice common area, the kitchen is a bit small but was fine when we used it. they offered a free nightly meal while we were there - definately worth checking out! they do make people stop drinkling at the hostel at 9pm and they do random room checks for this, so you can still get a good nights sleep when you arent going out! the bar crawl they organise is also good value and fun!

the staff were great, all very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2011

i lived in Queenstown for 2 season (10 & 11) and both times stay here when i arrived. after reading some reviews of this place its seems pretty clear. it either great or bad. bad because of noise and the partying. simple if you don't like to party don't stay. but if you don't mind that this is a awesome hostel. clean, comfortable and good staff. location is good but dose not really matter cause the town is so small maybe try YHA lake front god place 3 mins walk from town and nice and quite... overall fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed at Nomads during November 2011. The backpackers was a new and clean place with plenty of rooms available. We stayed in the dorms and they where clean but very small, not leaving enough room for 6 people to walk in. The en-suite in our room was cleaned daily but was very clean to begin with. The backpackers was very busy with a lot of young people and the backpackers emptied at around 9PM each night (9PM was the drinking ban) and left for a night on the town, coming back yelling and screaming at around 4AM. So if your a light sleeper, you can ask for ear plugs at reception (they are 24 hours). Plenty of activities going on each night if you want to follow to crowd and free drinks at the World Bar if you ask at reception. All in all, a great experience at Nomads Queenstown - will visit again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2011

It is clean and it is fun, very well located and there is loads of info about things going on. Bit commercial but fine I lasted a whole week

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends