“Food delicious - Area is cramped”

Flame Bar and Grill
Ranked #24 of 285 Restaurants in Queenstown
Price range: USD 4 - USD 26
Cuisines: African, Barbecue, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Description: With some of the best views in Queenstown, Flame is Queenstown's unique African grill-house. Flame, a small family owned steak house offers quality food and excellent service in a vibrant and intimate setting. This is a dining experience not to be missed. All our beef is grass fed from Southland and Otago and is aged for up to 6 weeks then flame-grilled in our secret basting resulting in it's unique flavour. Racks of ribs are served on a board and come supplied with a flame bib!! Seafood, chicken and vegetarian options are also catered for. Make sure you leave space for a Dom Pedro!! Flame will bring out the carnivore in you. Discover the taste of South Africa - A rare steakhouse, well done!
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Food is yummy!! The restaurant itself is a little cramped & staff could be a little more friendly. Felt like an inconvenience but with good food & some drinks, we had an enjoyable time

Write a ReviewReviews (2,950)

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Never got chance to write a review, Flame is a brand for Queenstown and a Landmark, I visit Flame once a month or sometime more than that :) if im visiting during Lunch time I don’t need to look at menu as my order will be Ribs, chips and mushroom sauce there is no way this will disappoint me. I can Live on Ribs from Flame. Both me and my wife we just love The Ribs and only from Flame!

Staff and Manager on duty is always great and very professional! The dine in area is really warm and the view from balcony sitting is amazing! Compliments to Chef, Bar inside got really nice options and got really nice wine on there Drinks Menu!

In conclusion this place is epic, I would love to cook Ribs like they do before I leave this country, or just would love to have franchise with them! I’ll be back again next week

1  Thank Sahil422
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We were told this restaurant had good food so we tried to go in for lunch and they didn’t serve lunch. So the next night, after a day at Milford Sound, we stopped by and told the night manager we needed a table for 4, sadly he said he wouldn’t have a table until 9:00. So we told him we had heard they had great ribs and left. He chased us down to the bottom of the stairs and ask if all we wanted was ribs he would squeeze us in because ribs were quick. 5 minutes later we were served 2 full racks of ribs and little roasted potatoes. Everything was delicious. We were out of there before the table of 10 arrived. Fantastic service, great atmosphere, good as American ribs, found somewhere to eat that had other potatoes that weren’t chips (French fries), night manager that went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. I wish I remembered his name. Can’t say enough good about this place.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

The staff including Alice was super nice. We were able to get a table luckily on a Friday night without reservations! We both got half racks of ribs which were tended, well cooked and came with chips. Will return if in Queenstown!

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

We came in as walk ins with no booking and despite how insanely busy these guys get the staff were able to accomodate my wife and I at the bar for dinner.
The full rack of runs is a must try for those rib lovers. Make sure you get the mushroom sauce for the chips of roast potatoes.
Great service and great food.

Thank you Flame and much love for Australia.
Rob