Book In Advance
Tours from Milford Sound Select tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Queenstown
from USD 165.05
from USD 68.55
from USD 168.56
from USD 45.65
More Info
All reviews glass roof milford sound bus driver glass topped day trip te anau fur seals frequent stops coach cruise coach new zealand long ride points of interest interesting information boat ride other companies photo opportunities tasman sea
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I don't think any place on the South Island can be as beautiful. Unfortunately you won't see much without taking a cruise - which is pricy. The scenery is outstanding and if you are lucky, the waterfalls will be strong. The cruise boats take you right under them. You will get to see some seals and if lucky, dolphins too. I can't stress enough how picture perfect Milford Sound is.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank knoesenm
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Given the length of the journey it would busy easy to say the day was not worth while, however the trip was amazing. From the scenery to the wonderful driver commentary, the drive flew by. The team on the boat were brilliant and the guides were hilarious! All in all a great trip!

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank eeb22
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I was dreading the length of this trip but it was such a brilliant day!!!
It was so well organised that you didn't even notice the time fly by.
Our bus driver was fantastic. (I missed his name) Humorous, friendly, full of knowledge on the area and ran a tight ship. The bus was super comfortable, new, clean and hardly crowded so we could really spread out and relax. It also features a glass roof in the first half of the bus. There was a toilet on board which the door was stuck shut but this was no biggie as you do plenty of stops on the way down. The landscape on the trip was absolutely stunning. From the beautiful farmlands all the way to Milford Sound was incredible. I couldn't keep my eyes from moving incase I missed something.
The scenes around the sounds where to be expected Stunning!Then on the way back the landscapes changed again with the afternoon sun.
We are so pleased we didn't attempt to drive ourselves. We would have missed so many sights and wouldn't have learnt as much as we did. Also the Rd is scary.
We took our 7 year old who loved it. However I was pleased to have brought her entertainment with headphones for the trip back.
I highly recommend this tour group.
Thanks again for a brilliant day!

Date of experience: September 2016
2  Thank Ingy_porktrotter
MilfordSoundSelect, Public Relations Manager at Milford Sound Select, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2016

Kia Ora Ingy_porktrotter!

Thank you for taking the time and writing this review.

Milford Sound Day Tour is a long day but we are very pleased the way you have penned this experience, future guests will read this and find out that it is totally worth it!

Our driver guides are very thankful for your kind words because we love what we do here. The toilet door is now open again :)

It gives us great pleasure to know that we could make this a great exeperience for you on your holiday to New Zealand. We hope if you return or have friends/family visiting we get an opportunity to host them.

Once again, thanks a lot for taking the time and writing a review here and hope you enjoy your stay in New Zealand!

Cheers
The Team @ Milford Sound Select.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Took combined flight with Glacier Landing and then onto Milford Sounds Cruise. The scenery was absolutely wonderful and picturesque. The many waterfalls flowing two side by side even a rainbow, out as far as the Tasman Sea, seals basking on rocks in the sun and dolphins swimming.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank 6,991,234
Reviewed 6 September 2016

The boat cruise through the Sound was more than I expected, it was raining quite heavy at times and I thought this wouldn't make for a good outing, BUT if anything it made the day more enjoyable with all the waterfalls and wonderful scenery. If you get the chance to see it, take it

Date of experience: February 2016