“STUNNING VIEWS...POUNAMU APARTMENTS”

GreenLeadersGold level
berkshire
“STUNNING VIEWS...POUNAMU APARTMENTS”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed in the 1 bed studio apartment with a stunning view over looking the lake and hills,even though our apartment was on the main road you would have never known this as no noise was heard on the inside! We had a very warm welcome and was shown around the beautiful apartment and how everything works with free internet, fax machine etc.. The rooms were spotlessly clean,the bed was very comfortable with the beautiful view, we only had 2 nights stay here but we could have easily stayed longer. It is only a 10/15 minute walk into Queenstown where there is plenty of bars/cafes and shops and its very easy to catch a cab back to the Pounamu and cheap! Great must do activities to book in the town and the staff in the activitiy centres are very helpful.
We would highly recommend The Pounamu!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
North Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I LOVE this place! So happy I found it and stayed here - it really made my trip to Qtown something special and provided a nice dose of luxury and style. I actually stayed twice for a single night each time at the beginning and end of my trip - in studio units both times (11 and 24). The place looked good online and obviously gets good reviews here on Trip Advisor, but you never know for sure until you see it for yourself. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

The apartments are new and ultra-modern, beautifully furnished and appointed. The bed was huge and the most comfortable one I slept in during my entire trip to NZ and AUS. While the studio is small, it's fine for 1 person. The TV options were plentiful. The heat was responsive and had a remote control. The bathroom shower / tub was plenty large for a tall guy like me with plenty of hot water and a nice shower fixture. The studio (which does not have any lake views) shares laundry access with the adjoining apt. Both the washer and dryer are brand new, free of charge and easy to use. The entire property was spotlessly clean.

The staff was extremely helpful, accommodating, very friendly. I arrived late (2000) on the night of my second stay, and the manager was still in the office and happy to check me in with no problem. They also held my bag for about a week while I was tramping.

The property is located on Frankton Road, which is a major street with lots of traffic, but I didn't have any noise issues. It's about a 15 - 20 min walk into Qtown - very easy. The Qtown Connectabus also has stops along the road, which made it easy to catch a ride to the airport for my flight out.

During my visit, I also stayed at the Millennium down the street, which is no where near as nice. While there are many properties in Qtown, I can't recommend Pounamu enough, both for the value, the high quality rooms, and the superior service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I can't recommend this place too highly. The accommodation is simply stunning (2 bed premier). It is lavishly equipped with everything you can imagine and other extras that surprise. The in room desktop PC with printer/fax and free internet is a great touch and free Prada was nice too.

Staff are outstandingly good they have great people who know how to take care of their guests with easy informal kiwi hospitality. They are full of enthusiasm and ideas for activities and know simply everything about Queenstown and can point you in right direction/organise anything for you.

This place is simply first class design and execution. I don't have any suggestions for improvements.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My friend and I recently spent a couple of nights at Pounamu Apartments in a 1 bedroom Apartment. The views were spectacular. Pounamu have a special on at the moment, where you book directly on their site in a 1 or 2 bedroom Apartment and you get a free Male or Female Prada Perfume! My friend and I wanted to do do a bungy jump and a Jet Boat Ride, the staff were very helpful and booked this for us, and gave us a lot of very helpful advise. Our experience staying in Pounamu surely was one to remember - Thanks team!

Room Tip: Only the 1 and 2 bedroom apartments have a view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great room with very pleasant decor, spacious layout, TV, air-con and kitchenette all modern and easy to use etc...
As with everywhere in Queenstown the views are amazing, but some rooms have better views than others. My room had a small but still spectacular view of the lake and mountains. - Worth enquiring about before booking?

Free internet & Sky Tv were perks, especially for downtime.

Overall a very relaxing and easy place to stay, suitable for business people, couples etc.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo