1,165 results
All reviews the river te anau the kitchen mountain view heated floors bed dorm camper van floor to ceiling shared bathroom underfloor heating remote location powered site main building boat trip riverside chalets new zealand lounge area
Reviewed 3 July 2018

It does depend on the weather as to how your experience goes, but really - this is a must see experience. The lodge is fine, we stayed in a river view cabin which was nice. Not very private, and seriously needs new beds but had a great view. We were lucky enough to have serious rainfall overnight, so woke up to waterfalls and a raging river. this also made the trip on the sound fabulous. The meals at the lodge are fine and the heating works which is great. Just do it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Words cannot explain the beauty of this hidden place! Stayed for two nights, food at Lodge was good and accommodation was super luxury! Heated floors and towel racks make the cold bareable once u return to your house with spectacular views!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Firstly, make sure you book well in advance, it's popular. The drive in and out is un describable. It rains 260 days a year which only adds to the magic. Our cabin on the river had views of the snow capped mountains and incredible waterfalls by the hundreds. The cabins are spacious clean and very comfortable. There are no cooking facilities. Restaurant food is excellent. Staff could not have been of more help. Sailing on the fiord is a mind boggling sensation. Don't worry about the rain it adds to the experience 10 fold.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martin c
Reviewed 10 June 2018

I'll echo what many others have said. This could be the most beautiful place I've ever stayed. And while you have many conveniences, you don't have the hustle and bustle of a large hotel. It is a very peaceful and serene environment. The creekside chalets are large and well appointed.The flooring in the entry and the bath are heated, which is a nice touch, given the cold weather the area can experience. The chalets also provide an awe-inspiring view of the Cleddau river and the cliffs just across the river. When we arrived, my wife started running up and down the river, taking almost innumberable pictures. And although we experienced rain the night we were there, but that just made the waterfalls on the cliffs more numerous and impressive.

I found the staff to be very attentive and courteous. Many staffers are from countries around the world, which adds to the experience. You can book tours of Milford Sound through the hotel, and the staff can be very helpful in this, as they know their counterparts at the tour operators.

There are very limited dining options in Milford Sound, so I was not expecting too much. I was very pleasantly surprised, as the food was well prepared. My wife loved the poached eggs and smoked salmon at breakfast. Our dinner options were also excellent. (We don't consume alcoholic beverages, so I can't comment on their selection.)

Room Tip: The Creekside Chalets are the place to be.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

The view driving into Milford sound is only matched by the view from their chalets. The tv stayed off as we watched the scenery around the room. The room has everything you need for your stay, and the food in the cafe is delicious and in generous serves. It will stay as one of my favourite places I’ve ever stayed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple