1,165 results
All reviews the river te anau the kitchen mountain view heated floors bed dorm camper van floor to ceiling shared bathroom underfloor heating remote location powered site main building boat trip riverside chalets new zealand lounge area
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We stayed at Milford Sound Lodge with the Van Site Package, Breakfast and Cruise. It was well worth it. We also had dinner at the restaurant which was one of the best meals we had while in NZ. Facilities were excellent too!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Walking into the room takes your breath away - like walking into a nature reserve, with a river running swiftly alongside the lodges and mountain peaks all around. The room itself is first class, and you have a wide choice of channels on TV including CNN and BBC news. Staff are unfailingly friendly and food at the Café (one of only two places in town!) is gourmet quality. Internet is a bi third to come by though - you really have to watch your usage, but that's not the fault of the hotel. This is really a wilderness and we're lucky to have access to it! Highly recommended for at least one night or more, depending on what activities you're interested in doing in Milford Sound.

Room Tip: All rooms (actually lodges) are along the river.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2018

We decided to stay in Milford Sound for one night rather than Te Anau and we're glad we did. Our room was luxurious (heated floors!) but best of all was the spectacular view from our room! We had brought with us a bottle of wine and just sat in the comfort of our room and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Of note, however, is how reliant the road in/out to Milford Sound is on the weather. On our checkout morning we learned that the road was to be closed so we hurriedly checked out and left, only to just make it to the tunnel. There was snow on the other side of the tunnel, while there was none the day before!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Lack of Kindness. I booked the lodge suite by mistake in the wrong date. Though my fault, when I got there I was given the car spot to sleep in the car though was a free lodge available. Considering I did paid for the room, though my mistake in a different date, I expected some kind of mercy/consideration. I was going to pay for the service or a fee if needed because of the mistake. Instead I was freezing in the car with just an small blanquet they shared.
So, super expensive. Only place to stay in milford sound, thought so I guess there is not much to do.

Milford thought is worth the trip but will recommend going with the campervan.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank Agustina G
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. It was very beautiful, stylish modern chalet. Bed was super comfy and great views of mountains even though it was rainy. Had tea in the restaurant, meal was delicious and staff were very friendly, overall a great get away.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple