“Amazing experience-”

Dig This Invercargill
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dig This Invercargill is one of New Zealand's most exciting new tourism attractions. Absolutely groundbreaking in Invercargill, Dig This is an experience quite unlike any other. All guests to Dig This Invercargill have the opportunity to operate bulldozers, excavators, mini excavators and skid steers in a giant gravel pit. You don't even need a drivers license!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018

every girl/woman needs to give this a go
made this 61 year old laugh, concentrate and totally enjoy.
Bill you are an amazing guide
thanks
Pip

TransportWorld, Manager at Dig This Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for visiting us, and for taking the time to review your experience as well. We are so pleased you had a great time, and you are absolutely right, every girl needs a spin in a big machine at least once in their life! We hope to see you again in the future, so you can man-handle another massive earthmover!

All reviews
"fun learning"
"great instructor"
"safe environment"
in 2 reviews
"huge smile on his face"
"patient instructor"
"ear to ear"

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My wee boys were so excited to drive a digger like Dad can! It was pouring with rain but that didn't dampen spirits. The instructors were so patient and encouraging and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making their experience an amazing one! Its been the highlight of our trip and they can't wait to come south again. I cannot recommend this experience enough!

It's just great to hear such positive feedback, thank you for your kind review! We are so pleased that your boys had a fantastic time with us and took away some fantastic memories. We look forward to your next visit, almost as much as your sons!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Took my wife, 5yo son and 9yo daughter along during Easter. We ALL had a great time on the mini diggers, digging up hidden "easter eggs". The fun experience will be etched into my 5yo son's brain for a long time to come...he was on cloud 9 afterwards.

Thanks for your kind review. We enjoyed having your family here at Dig This, particularly the children digging up their treats! We are so pleased you all enjoyed your experience and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great time this morning at Dig This. I did the Big Push. The bulldozer was easier that you think to operate. Colin my instructor was awesome. Through his easy instruction you can build a huge hill of shingle and drive your dozer up and over it. My two teenage sons had Bill to instruct them through their paces in the big diggers. Both had a ball . Yes they had to play basketball with their diggers. Also dug a huge hole and had some more fun going round in circles with the cabs of their diggers while driving forwards with them. A great team at a great place. Yes it a lot of money but it's well worth every cent.

It's just awesome to hear that you all had a blast during your Dig This experience! Our machines do some pretty cool tricks other than just digging holes (which is rewarding enough in itself, right?) Thanks for visiting, and for writing a review of your time here, we do appreciate it and hope to see you again for another turn.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Just had an unexpected encounter with a bulldozer! I went along intending to be a spectator and before knew it I’d had the safety talk and was having a run through on how to drive a bulldozer. My brother-in-law and I were kind of simultaneously scraping and digging a hole which I liked as I could see what was happening. You have a head set on and the instructor tells you what to do (with a great deal of patience). I was slightly apprehensive at the start but felt really secure with the instructor there. Would highly recommend!

Thanks for your kind review, yes it was an unexpected encounter for you! (You had no idea of our 2-4-1 weekend at the time, but how could you possibly say no?) A bit of nerves is quite normal, but you handled it like a pro and soon had that dozer doing exactly what it should, so well done to you! We hope you'll visit again and master another machine!